BA Shredder purchase

Just bought one from Richard at Becks Armory. It will be a nice addition to my shop. Do any of you guys have one? Just wondering if anybody had any input? Its about two weeks out.

4 Likes

Awesome i am sure you’ll be happy with it. I have watched a lot of his videos over the years of his sander being made and evolving. He is also a member of the forum @ richarddbeck83 ,also a Fellow Everlast user. He seems very proud of Shreader so I am sure it is a winner.

3 Likes

LUCKY!!! :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

I will get poor Jimmy to buy one. Just watchđŸ€Ș
My dad said.
A good salesperson can sell something to you that they don’t want. And make them thank you before they leave.

3 Likes

The heart is willing but the space in my garage is unyielding.

2 Likes

I got my BA Shredder put together. It is an excellent tool.

I’m going to do the concrete in the base tonight. Tomorrow, I will mix up the leftover two-part epoxy from the MR1.

7 Likes

How did you do that without a lot of whining? :man_shrugging:

Serious question: Why is it called a ‘Shredder’?

1 Like

I’m not sure, Tom. It eats metal, though.

Mighty nice BigDaddy! I am going to need to satisfy my tool buying urge with another of your suggestions (can’t get those “brain worms” out of my mind). Going to get it in the next hour or so:

I met a man, who was well known in this area because he owned THE hardware-and-clothing-store that everyone touted as “the store that has everything.” That was actually written on their sign. He asked me if I would like to see in his shop. Well, of course you know my answer: YES!

He prepares me for it before unlocking the door by saying, “Now I just want you to know, if you don’t see some tool in here, it is only because I haven’t seen it YET.” Needless to say, I would have to say, hands down he had us beat at that time. He passed away about 25 years ago.

Well BigDaddy, I believe you are approaching his status. :trophy:

But I will remind you, Tin and Don just bought 3D printers. Are you going to let that go unchallenged? :crazy_face:

4 Likes

My problem is my building is out of wall. I will have to analyze this situation very carefully. With the new Titan 25, I must start moving stuff to the shop’s center. I have no use for a printer at this time. Maybe in the future.
That looks like a tremendous burnisher. Later on, you can buy a 15.5-inch drum for coarser belts to be used.

3 Likes

511ec81310358b5d83c8ed1860510058

Hopefully named after Shredder from TMNT

" It was during one of these mundane chores that Shredder came to life. Drying dishes, Eastman put his hand inside a cheese grater from underneath, wearing it almost like a gauntlet. The idea of a villain with blades protruding from his armor instantly sparked inspiration. “Can you imagine a bad guy with one of these on his arm ,” Laird asked. "He would shred your skin off. " Laird responded, "That’s it! The Shredder!" "

How did you come up with the name @richarddbeck83

2 Likes

Ran into this on youtube @Bigdaddy2166
You are famous again!

4 Likes

That’s great. I love promoting quality stuff. Richard is a good guy and has done his homework on this sander. Let me tell you that it will hurt you if you don’t pay attention. I didn’t use a speed controller and a three-phase motor. So, 3400 rpms, like it or not. I may upgrade to a vector drive later.

2 Likes

Looks like a pal of yours, for sure! :grimacing:

cousin actually, he throws one hell of a barbecue.

3 Likes

Free BA Shredder 2023 Give away .

Just saw this on YouTube thought I’d post.

Click here, link to giveaway

4 Likes

All finished with concrete in the base and two-part epoxy floated on top.

5 Likes

Season’s Greetings!
Nice Machine that Shreader! 
I bought the Vevor 2x82 and modded it and tricked it out. I like it a lot!

MODS / ADDITIONS:
Cement base Trolley with nice big castors, 2x72mod, Water Mist, Tool storage box (dust-proofs the VFD), Simplified controls (Rev-Stop-FWD switch and a Potentiometer), Longer work table, Ceramic Glass Platen, LED Work-light, Gimbaled catch bucket, Air Blast and a magnet below the belt to trap flying ferrous debris that misses the bucket.

1 Like

I wish I had put a speed controller like yours.