Assembly issues: wrong part sent to fix problem?

Hi cross fire pro guru’s,

I am hoping someone can shed a little light on a small issue I have.

I cannot mount my machine torch holder. As you can see by the photos there is a issue with one of the " bolt heads " (for a lack of a better term) the red torch mount cannot sit flush in its rebate. I have tried everything to fix the issue… i have actually taken that bolt that holds the bearing out and there is a thin washer, if i remove the washer it fixes the mounting issue but the bearing is then loose, surely i am not the only one thats has this issue ,any ideas ?? Seems like a manufacturing issue on my unit possibly. Hopefully one of the Langmuir team can help. @langmuir-daniel

That is unfortunate and should NOT have made it past final QC for that assembly. We are going to send you a new Z Axis Slide ASAP.

In the meantime I recommend that you sand down the head of the eccentric bolt so that it sits more flush to the slot floor that the torch mount secures against. That will likely be an acceptable fix but nevertheless we will get the Z slide replaced.

Sorry for this inconvenience.

4 Likes

Hi Daniel,

Sorry to single you out from the @langmuir-“team” but you were the first to pop up on the drop down list. I have responded via email rather then continuing to talk via this thread. I was hoping it would be an easy fix which in reality it is but I very much appreciate the efforts of your team reading this matter.

No problem at all! I encourage anyone with issues to tag me or the others on here.

2 Likes

Hi @langmuir-daniel I am very confused with the part I have been sent to fix this issue I have raised in this forum. This issue is not with the red torch mount but the black plate it sits in. The eccentric bolt sits proud of the mounting face, in term the red mount can not sit correctly. How can the new red arm you have sent me fix the issue ?

Ah bummer- the replacement order was written for a Z Axis Slide which is the black piece, but the order was fulfilled incorrectly. I’ll speak with the worker that made the mistake. In the mean time we’ll need to send you out the correct piece. Sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like