Are units being shipped by order number?

Mine is order number 1296. Tentative ship date was 8/21-8/23. I’ve not saw a tracking number yet. I saw where someone on here was 1287 and received theirs 2 days ago. Maybe next week

I was told by Langmuir yesterday that they got to 1297 yesterday as I’m 1298 and was told it will go out Monday. So I’m assuming yours went out yesterday or is going Monday as well.

1 Like

Hopefully mine goes out Monday also #1303

BadAss You will get yours before mine. I am #1407. I will have to drop over to San Tan to check it out. I am over in Mesa. LOL I will probably get mine the week after you get yours.

I’m #1333, I didn’t get a shipping notification, but it was attempted to be delivered today, I wasn’t home. just as a heads up Langmuire that the auto notifications may not be catching all of your shipments.

just got a notification from ups that my table will be delivered tomorrow. I am order 1298 by the way.

I was told shipment date of aug 20-24 I’m order 1543 as like all of us this is the third day I’ve been given. I understand they have suppliers that they have issues with and they have shippers that only bring so big of a truck but it is a little bit rediculous when you tell a customer your date should be this three different times. And then Don’t offer to do anything for the inconvenience I’ve lost business for not having it just like some of y’all as well. Beyond agrivated at this point

In my opinion, there is no reason to be mad about not getting what all of us have ordered. If you’re that unhappy about everything, cancel your order and spend 20k on different brand of cnc plasma table. Everybody is in the same boat, waiting patiently. Nobody is perfect. They are doing there best to make everybody happy. You shouldn’t promise anything out to a customer until you are able to provide it to them. And again, that’s just my opinion and we are all entitled to one. I’m not trying to ruffle any feathers, I’m just putting in my 2 cents.

3 Likes

that would be unassailable argument if not for one major detail… None of us should be looking at ourselves as “customers” when in fact, we are Investors. Rather than seek out a SBA loan, or a crowd funding campaign, Langmuir very cleverly funded their enterprise with a presale (which I think is BRILLIANT, by the way). But in doing so this effectively made all of us early birds venture capitalists, not customers. We are investors, its just that rather than take our ROI in the form of a dividend or stock interest, we took it in the form of a discounted product. Think of it in these terms, if you had invested in a traditional investment scenario, you would expect results for your dollar. If you invest in a business expecting a return and the recipient of your investment delays your return three times, you’re gonna be upset, or at least you should be.

personally I’m annoyed, but I do understand the difficulties of being a start up. Langmuir has to be doing the best they can. But that doesn’t mean there’s no reason to be upset. both sides have valid positions. They did take the money after all

1 Like

Batch 2 orders will begin shipping Sept 20th. They will ship in numerical order through Nov 20th. We’re doing everything we can to pull these dates to the left, but right now your order is estimated to ship 10/1.

1 Like

Are batch one orders still getting shipping update notifications I’m order #1303 received laptop stand over a month ago didn’t know if being items shipped at different times if ide get an updated notification on table and water table

yeah they sent out a notice stating they were shipping those out when they came im from their suppler. for Batch 1 people.

Woohoo. I’ve been a Kickstarter & Indiegogo backer on a number of projects as well as a pre-order customer before - an Oct 1 ship would be a knock out of the park :slightly_smiling_face:

I know people are stressing about this and have made business decisions based on projected ship dates from months ago but I think that’s a bad practice - even an established company with a mature product and controlled supply chain can have disruptions. It happens - weather delays, parts delays, labor issues, etc. But delay a new crowdfunded product or pre-order and it seems good sense & patience goes out the window. Or maybe the complainers also complain when Amazon is 3 days instead of 2 or when Best Buy is out of stock or UPS doesn’t show up at the doorstep as scheduled.

After seeing the grief entrepreneurs bringing new things to the market suffer, I’m amazed that anyone still does it. It’s hard enough to put together a new product, arrange for manufacturing (sometimes a world away), arrange for shipping and all the other headaches of running a business only to have someone lay on a story of how they get their mortgage money on getting something and we’re counting on it for orders they’ve taken. Tough to have to deal with that guilt even if it’s undeserved.

Everything I’ve seen here has been awesome. Yeah there have been problems but every one of them seems to be getting attention & corrective action. Lots of transparency (including seeing how you’re building new tools to help make your side of the process faster) and good humor & creativity in the face of problems.

I still remember the first Pebble smartwatch program, devices like the Earl where the creator absconded into the night with all the money and even simple clothing (Ravean) that took far longer than promised.

Oct 1 for a “shipping in September” promise is about as dead nuts on as it gets in this business. And truth be told, pretty much anytime in Oct is still pretty much on time :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I talked customer support today and received a date of 9/14 for shipment of the system for my order (1623). I am pretty stoked. We own several businesses and understand having to re-evaluate deadlines and promised delivery dates for getting products out. While it’s never fun to have to deliver the news to your customer about delays in the timeline, I am definitely impressed with the level of communication and professionalism that Langmuir’s team provides. I know I will get the machine and I purposefully did not make promises to deliver any goods or services knowing that they are at the mercy of vendors and other possible supply chain issues. Keep up the good work I am looking to the continued business relationship.

3 Likes

Hot Damn! just got the text! For anyone keeping track I’m order #1322 and my table just shipped today. That should hopefully help others with a rough ETA

Now just hoping that UPS doesn’t destroy the thing… Fingers crossed!

3 Likes

Hell yea just got my confirmation

2 Likes

I’m #1299 and i got my shipping notification yesterday (8/27). The tracking number shows it shipped on the 22nd and should be here today if i’m home to sign for it…

1 Like

It’s not that I advertised an availability of a service that I couldn’t provide, I was asked to draw and cut parts, told them I could outsource it or they could wait until August and I’ll do it in-house(for much cheaper), they both wanted me to do it, so we waited. Time frame expired and I ended up outsourcing it, paid twice as much for the material, the services and then got raped on shipping. Made less than $5 for the whole deal, but guess what, I met the deadline that I said I would.

Not here to bitch and complain and say that “these delays cost me my mortgage payment”, just stating I screwed up and it cost me money! haha That’s just how it is sometimes, if you don’t gamble and just take the safe route, you’ll never advance. I’m just soooo ready to stop outsourcing all the little parts people ask me for! Paying the UPS man is getting to be worse than paying for health insurance!

2 Likes

Oh I know that feeling. I made a couple of hundred ceramic coasters on the laser for a friend for his submariners reunion. It cost almost $1 each to ship them from CT to WA in boxes of 80.

The raw tile I use (4x4" white ceramic tile) only costs 16¢ a piece at Home Depot. Lots of economies in shipping them thousands at a time on a company owned truck :slightly_smiling_face: Not so much in small batches on the brown trucks :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

I was told shipping out by COB Aug.31! Pretty pumped1

1 Like