Are units being shipped by order number?

Order #4899 left Langmuir yesterday and is scheduled to arrive this Friday the 22nd! My order was confirmed 21 Feb, and it was a 4-6 week wait back then, so they shipped it out a couple days earlier than expected (no complaints from me, by the way)… It looks like the water table is shipping separately, because it’s not listed as shipped. How far behind are the water tables usually? One, two, three weeks later?

Man, I cant wait to get my hands on this unit.

1 Like

I received my table Monday the 18th, and my water table is scheduled for delivery Monday the 25th. I will say, without the water table, it is MESSY lol It’s a super fine dust on EVERYTHING in my 30x40 shop! But I couldn’t wait haha table is awesome!

2 Likes

A week isn’t too bad… thanks for the heads-up.

Iz

Megan can you give an idea of how many you are shipping each week now? I noticed that you have changed the lead time from 3-4 weeks to 2-3 weeks.

Thanks in advance.

O yea #4955 just shipped n I’ll get it 3/27 wed. Table shipped sep.

4912 is on its way !

1 Like

4899 arrived today! Just waiting on the water table now…

Iz

1 Like

#4789 plasma table was delivered 3/15 and the water table arrived 3/22. Assembly was very straight forward and I was cutting metal on the second evening. This thing is so much fun!

1 Like

I know right? :smiley: Having the plasma cut steel and your design comes out is almost like magic. I still love watching it cutting.

@langmuir-daniel @langmuirsystems

Just out of curiosity, why do the water tables ship separately? Is it a supply issue? I’m not sweating it, I’m in no rush and you guys actually got my crossfire table to me a couple days earlier than expected - thank you for that!.. I’m just curious on why the water tables don’t ship at the same time. Again, just curious. Thanks again for providing an affordable option to us hobbyist!

Iz

I think it is more of a packing issue. The Crossfire itself is a pretty heavy well packed box (from what I recall) and it is just easier and safer to ship them separately unless you were shipping by pallet where everything is strapped to a pallet. I don’t really have a good answer why they ship on different days other than the now standard “Lean” manufacturing. Nothing is ordered until it is needed type thing.

Yeah - I figured it was build as you order, so that holds up the process. Not a big deal, I was just curious.

I imagine these type of small companies don’t keep a large inventory of anything. Which is smart in the early stages of building your business.

My table shipped today, so it’s coming. It’s also ahead of schedule, so I’ve been very happy with my Langmuir experience so far.

I expect that’s one they have to farm out to someone else to build. The main unit they’re assembling from parts where they’ve built a fair amount of custom jigging to be able to put it together so it all fits correctly and the preloads, etc are set.

The water table is mostly just a big pan and it needs tooling to roll the edges that I expect is a pretty single-task device so it’s easier & cheaper (vs build labor) to farm the whole thing out.

Fromps what was your order number if you don’t mind me asking?

I’m order 4899. My Crossfire arrived this past Friday, and the water table is scheduled to be delivered this Thursday.

1 Like

I noticed you and another member discussing being from Alberta. I’m in PEI and have order #5287. Was wondering what you were charged for customs/brokerage by ups?

I’ve still got a few weeks to wait for now, plenty of time to clean the shop up a little, and get used to 360.

I have order 5157 and shipping to Labrador. Curious on the custom charges as well. Will post once received.

YES! I just learned mine has been shipped. Of course I will not receive it until Monday since I am in VA. But I am so stoked!

Order #5193.

2 Likes

Got mine delivered n assembled today #4955
That’s to the assembly videos would have took for ever to do it on my own :+1:

3 Likes

Right on… I’ve got mine 90% done. I’m waiting to finish it up when my water table arrives tomorrow.

1 Like