Arc Help/Program help

jimtCrossFire PRO

Apr 1

I can’t confirm this is right or will work beens I’m not up and running where I can try it. Basically like the 45 with a twistimage image And it does work with no problems.

What cutting mode do you have the selected? Should be 2T.

Assuming that is correct. If you use the torch manually, does it work?

I ran the program, but same issue, starts the cut and stops after about three seconds. I dont understand what you are showing on the pictures below. Novice in me showing thru.

Where do I select T2

Thats how the voltage divider wires up. ( my way ) For the Pro with THC. I take it you have the Pro beens its mentioned in your first statement. If you do and dont have the divider wired up I think it wont work. ( I think its called a voltage divider ) I took the pictures before I tried it. It does work correct as seen in the pictures. Correction . its a Voltage input module.

Sorry I was going by the manual, the manufacturer links to a manual for the 30 not the 30i. It seems to have a slightly different user interface
http://razorweld.com/userfiles/file/Vipercut%2030%20Manual.pdf
page 8 and 9. It’s the toggle switch on the left.

If your plasma interface doesn’t look like that perhaps this thread will help:

If you purchased the Razorweld Vipercut 30i from our website, this machine only utilizes 2T mode.

So assuming you purchased from Langmuir, you only have 2T. So that is not the problem. What is your air pressure? Does it remain at that pressure (perhaps a slight drop as torch fires)?

Did not buy the razor weld from Langmuir so i will read through that, will also watch the air pressure and see. Thanks for the info.

Winston

I havea constant 75 psi when machine is cutting.

1 Like

Here is what the pictures of the inside of the cutter are for.

And a picture of the front of my plasmacutter

1 Like

Thanks, that makes sense

So I increased my pressure a little. Maintains at 75psi. When I disconnect everything and use the torch manually, it also stops after about 3 seconds whereas before, I had no issue. Spliced wire issue perhaps?

On the positive side it’s nothing to do with software or the Pro specifically and you have greatly narrowed down the source of the problem. It would be odd for the splice to work well enough to fire the torch but not maintain it. Have you removed the consumables in between now and the last time it worked correctly? Either way, double check that they are installed correctly, in good condition, and when reinstalling don’t over tighten.

1 Like

Definitely getting somewhere. I managed to get it to cut most of a program. Initial cut lasted less than a second before the “flame” blew out. It moved to the next spot on the program, touched, set the height and cut perfectly. Also let a lot of the water out of the tray. Have about .5" of water in the tray, was getting a lot of blowback splashing. Seems like the relationship between the torch and the sheet is a little out of whack.

That’s not enough water. You need it up to about 1/2" below the material or slat height to help cool and minimize warping.

The blowback can be minimized (as much as possible, there’s always going to be some) by decreasing any pause time between cuts and the pierce delay. It’s a matter of getting the various settings all dialed in.

Your half inch of water will likely result in a warped or slagged water tray.

1 Like

Will definitely make the adjustment, thanks

You guys are awesome. Thanks for the help. Got a program to complete. Did I miss a guide somewhere on initial height setup? Going through this trouble shooting process has been an excellent learning tool.

Thanks everyone for your input. This has been a most excellent experience. (not quoting Bill & Ted)

Winston

Can u provide a clearer explanation of where the wires are going for the voltage read and is it divided or raw?

If you take the cover off. The inside bottom of the front. Work clamp, has a red wire as shown and put a end on your wire to hook up. I used an eye and cut a portion out with wire cutters just so it would go over it with out taking it all the way off, Just loosen push it in and retighten. The black wire, there is the shown circut board that is in an up right position. Toward the front of the cutter there is a black wire attached. I put an end on my divider wire and just removed the bolt and put it on and retightened. Basically hooking the red to the big red and black to the big black. If yours looks different please research it before hooking it up. I ran the wires in through the louvers on the front before hooking them up.

Ok, still having issues with getting started. I do not know what else to do. Rarely the program completes, most times it starts, then after a few seconds (3 or 4) the arc will quit but air is still flowing. I know the relay is firing at all the right intervals so i am convinced it is in my setup. Manually the torch fires fine and I can cut as long as I want. Using the cut chart for the Vipercut 30i, I have checked everything I can think of. Attached is link to a video that shows my issue. I sand the area down a little where I attach the work clamp and make sure there is a good connection.

What the heck am I doing wrong? In the video I tried some 16ga material, so had to slow things down since I only have a 25A circuit in my work space.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1wKw7zDy9E, also another one showing variation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRICvQzRkXU, I did speed things up but still had a wide range of results. Sometimes completion, most times not.

Winston