Any Ideas on better coolant?

Is the viscosity, when mixed, close to water? I’m trying to setup up a lube system and don’t want to mess with the mixed stuff yet.

Yes, I will send you a sample tomorrow if you like Tom. Unmixed right out of the jug. I use it full strength in my Nooga mister on my Bridgeport. Just let me know.

Thank you for your very generous offer, but I don’t need cooling (yet), I’m just trying out a feed system. If the solution is sufficiently close to water then I’ll use plain ol’ water to test the system so my inevitable spillage should be easy to manage (AKA Clean up) :grinning:

2 Likes

I will put some in a beaker tomorrow and sent you a video.

Hmmm…that is really weird. I mixed it according to the instructions. It would leave a sticky film on the machine where ever it evaporated and then the chips would stick to it. Oh well, glad it is working for you. Figured I would mention GreenCut to the group as well as it has worked out really well for me in the past. It also doesn’t etch aluminum and doesn’t stain. It also seems to dry much faster than Fusion 2240 (which probably isn’t necessarily a good thing). I like it though because after I squeegee off the machine it will be dry the next morning. The Fusion stuff took a longer time to evaporate.

I ran liquid ice on the tormach 1100 I used to operate, supposedly it’s gone down hill.

I hear great things about qualichem xtreme cut 251c, 20:1 for machining