Any Ideas on better coolant?

I do like it and no stains on aluminum at all. I just ordered 5 gallon pail (blue). Not enough experience with other products to say this is the best stuff out there of course, but definitely head and shoulders over the syrup mess.

1 Like

You can try these guys https://www.msmni.com/
They got me some samples of Vasco 7000 and Synergy 735 when I was looking for a product that would keep parts from coming out of the machine “sticky” (ended up having to cut them dry)

I came across this post about the Synergy 735. It is an older post from 2019, but it turned me off on that product:
Blaser Synergy 735 and Rust

Mostly the water will evaporate and the coolant concentration will end up rising. You will want to check this with a refractometer. Haas has several youtube videos that cover this.

In a big industrial machine, you can have hundreds of gallons of coolant in the tank, so you definitely want to regularly maintain your coolant. With the small volume on the MR-1 it may be viable to just drain/fill on occasion.

1 Like

Definitely do your own research, I can’t recommend either of the coolants I mentioned, we never even put them in a machine, just sprayed it on finished parts to see how much of it “stuck” (and I can’t even remember which one was better for that)

1 Like

Ordered 5 gallons of Fusion 2270. Shoulde be here next week. I will keep you all updated.

2270 or 2240? What price did you find and where did you get it from. I see the 2240 on Amazon 5 gallons $189

Yes, Amazon Fusion 2240

Ordered. Will try this also.

Maybe something with your water? I’m using the Langmuir coolant at ~15:1 and it works great. No residue so far and cleanup has been fine.

Interesting? Let me know in a week or so if all your aluminum parts are turning black. It’s not just my machine. Keep us posted.

This is one month of use.

1 Like

good luck getting them to reply to you. also, be prepaired for a minimum of 55 gallons…

I use Qualichem Xtreme cut at work and have zero issues in machines that are 30 years old. I was going to get the coolant that langmuir provides (it looking clear in videos was a big selling point) but guess I’ll remove that from my order. I know in our manual area we run qualichem at 3-4% and it prevents it from getting sticky/stinky longer… the biggest thing is to keep the coolant moving. Some of our machines have fish tank aerators to prevent bacterial growth.

I don’t like blaser, it leaves a white residue on aluminum… made a brand new Haas way covers look horrible.

1 Like

I take back what I said. I can start to see staining on my base plate (it’s only been a few days).

1 Like

Got the new juice in my tub. FUSION 2240.
Reworked the base plate to cleanup.
Working on some acme threading right now.
5/8-8 acme pillow blocks.
Testing the thread mill right now. First attempt was close but too loose. Dialing in the new setting for the am.
As for the coolant so far so good. Definitely not syrupy. No stains yet either.

4 Likes

Thats good to hear. Mine should be here shortly.

Any update on coolant suggestions?

1 Like

The new coolant Fusion 2240 is working fine.
No aluminum etching or syrupy residue. It gets mixed at 5% to distilled water.

3 Likes

Great to hear! Guess I’ll be ordering some Fusion from Amazon.

I also bought Fusion on @Bigdaddy2166 previous suggestion, seems to be great stuff so far.