Air Scriber Option

I was reading a post about the expansion port, and saw there might be an option for an Air Scriber. I thought I’d open a topic on that subject so if any is interested they can share that with LS. I’ve been doing some research on these, and had intended to do a DIY at some point after getting the table, but I think it would be pretty slick if LS offered a kit as an add-on! Thoughts?

…and I just found the cutzilla thread after posting this…

Linked…

2 Likes

Thank you for starting this post. I am interested in being able to scribe metal too. I saw the Cutzilla device and it looks pretty good. I wonder if anyone has used it on a Crossfire PRO? Would it be just like using the Fusion 360 and FireControl commands to position the torch? Could it be positioned next to the torch and left on the machine? I also saw an air engraver setup from Universal Power Conversion. It’s about 3x more expensive but very similar set up. I hope someone from Langmuir reads this post and can give us some guidance.

Yes many have set up air scribers on their machines. You can have the scriber offset from the torch and leave it installed, but you’ll need to post your scribe program separate from your cutting program. Most use the torch fire port to start the scriber and switch it back to the torch before cutting.

1 Like

Read the thread linked in the post above yours.

Thanks Daniel. That’s good to know as I definitely want a machine that will allow me to engrave.

Thanks Greg. I totally missed that post. I appreciate you pointing it out.:+1: