Air continues to blow after torch stops

Update: I sent Razorweld an email stating the issue and told them that it is urgent they respond. I know it has only been 1 day but have not heard anything. I have turned down almost $400 in work because I don’t know when I can get to it. Langmuir, do you have a contact I can call? I need this resolved.

Sadly the guy there that knew a ton of info has moved. You can call and talk to Kyle and see if he knows, here is the number. 253-859-6277

If you are in a pinch send me a message; I can cut parts and drop ship for you. At least that way you will still make some money

1 Like

Mike, I have a Century cutter with a post flow relay for cooling and the same issue as Travis. I need to manually add a G4 and P5 in the g-code to avoid this-is this the best way to accomplish this?

@tmarshall Did you ever get a response from Razorweld/Jasic Technologies? They never replied to my email (seems like they were trying to work through things with Langmuir Systems), but I finally called the number on their website on Monday and they gave me an RMA # to send the unit back for a replacement the same day.

Yes sir they did. I am sending my unit back with an RMA and they are sending me the “new model” in return.

What’s the new model?

Same Viper cut 30 but has updated software and a new enclosure. Image below of the new model. My old model is posted above.

Thanks. I’ve got a 45 coming. :slightly_smiling_face:

I am having the same problem with my hypertherm 45xp. When I fire the torch through mach it will turn on just fine. When I turn the torch off, the arc stops but the air keeps blowing continuously until I flip the switch on the torch handle. Not sure as to why the post flow is continuous and doesn’t stop when torch is turned off. Any insight to this?

That is normal for the 45XP and many other plasma cutters. Post flow is used to cool the consumables down in the torch so that they last longer.

I understand this but it does not stop. Post flow will not stop until I flick the switch on the hand torch.

I would contact Hypertherm about that. The postflow on my Hypertherm Powermax 1000 only lasts for about 10 seconds.

Having the same problem with the viper 30, after cutting an outside pattern the tortch moves to do the inside cut and won’t fire as the air continues to blow . I tried to set the pierce delay to be a bit longer to let the tortch reset . It won’t .

Make sure the cutter is set for 2T operation and not 4T

Always 2T. The people from Viper weld contacted me and told me to remove a capacitor . Now no problem with post flow

I got my system a while ago, but just got the opportunity to get everything running. I have a vipercut 30 and am having this same issue. What capacitor did they have you remove jclindz? This is odd that the unit isn’t supposed to have post flow but so many people seem to be having this same problem?

That thread contains the instrucrions to fix the problem. Its a manufacturing defect from the Razorweld factory that only affects some of the 30s that we got.

3 Likes

I also asked if there needed to be continuity after the capacitor was removed and razor weld said no.

1 Like

It should stop. Contact Hypertherm if it does not. The following chart is typical for post flow.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_87ac/Users/flintstone200/Pictures/Photos Library 2.photoslibrary/resources/proxies/derivatives/87/00/87ac/UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_87ac.jpg

The post flow on Hypertherm air plasma systems (Powermax) (torch and consumables cooling) will run for about 20 seconds at the end of each cut cycle. This is necessary if you want the best torch life and consumable life. You are creating a plasma arc that is over 25,000F inside the torch. The emitter end of the electrode runs at about 3000F…it must be cooled for best performance. No, you cannot shorten or change the postflow. You can stop it with a brief blip of the start signal, however that is not recommended! Jim Colt

1 Like