Air continues to blow after torch stops

Make sure the cutter is set for 2T operation and not 4T

Always 2T. The people from Viper weld contacted me and told me to remove a capacitor . Now no problem with post flow

I got my system a while ago, but just got the opportunity to get everything running. I have a vipercut 30 and am having this same issue. What capacitor did they have you remove jclindz? This is odd that the unit isn’t supposed to have post flow but so many people seem to be having this same problem?

That thread contains the instrucrions to fix the problem. Its a manufacturing defect from the Razorweld factory that only affects some of the 30s that we got.

3 Likes

I also asked if there needed to be continuity after the capacitor was removed and razor weld said no.

1 Like

It should stop. Contact Hypertherm if it does not. The following chart is typical for post flow.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_87ac/Users/flintstone200/Pictures/Photos Library 2.photoslibrary/resources/proxies/derivatives/87/00/87ac/UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_87ac.jpg

The post flow on Hypertherm air plasma systems (Powermax) (torch and consumables cooling) will run for about 20 seconds at the end of each cut cycle. This is necessary if you want the best torch life and consumable life. You are creating a plasma arc that is over 25,000F inside the torch. The emitter end of the electrode runs at about 3000F…it must be cooled for best performance. No, you cannot shorten or change the postflow. You can stop it with a brief blip of the start signal, however that is not recommended! Jim Colt

1 Like