Air Compressor Question

I just sent him an email with a link to this…

looks like the compressor motors off the California compressor I have

Indeed they look very similar to those, as well as the Kobalt “quiet tech” pumps, and reading the specs on those similar-looking pumps is what lead me to believe this VEVO unit was a good donor chassis. Also, since my plan was to use the digital gauge controller to limit pump switch deadband, I didn’t need a big tank to swallow the pressure dip between pump cycles. I wanted the smallest tank with two heads that I could find. The VEVO pump checked the boxes, plus it was half the price of the Cal Air unit.

Quincy has been perfect for me. No issues with duty cycle. But if you use it for bigger projects with high volume air tools, then it is better to get the two stage version with 80 gal.

1 Like

Hahahah! …was very busy gentlemen, now seeing this! Now, that’s a really cool build!:nerd_face::rofl:

1 Like

BTW, I pulled my Motorguard filter yesterday to have a look and the filter element is totally dry and clean just like the day it was installed, I was TOTALLY, pleasantly surprised! :rofl:

2 Likes

How loud is it?

Using a decibel meter app on my phone (for what it’s worth) my Quincy qt54 is 85db. On the same day I tested my little 27 gallon 5 hp annoyingly loud Coleman was also 85-87 db.

The Quincy two stage pump is so much easier on the ears though. Initial startup surge is loud but once it is running isn’t too bad. I can be in my garage with it where i couldn’t with the Coleman.

Wear ear protection and it’s not an issue regardless.

I went out in front of my neighbors homes and didn’t seem too much noise.

1 Like

I was at a Fabtech show 4-5 years ago and Polair Air had a display with one of there compressor set up and running. It had the Quiet package installed and it was very quiet. I looked at it and it was nothing more than a insulated box the intake air was attached to. I was always going to build one but never did.
I think you can see it if you go to there website. I have a Decibel meter I will have to check and see how noisey mine is.

1 Like

Good point.
There are intake filter/ mufflers available. A lot of noice come from the air intake.