24" x 48" expansion possibility

I have a feeling they are going to have trouble keeping up with the demand :slight_smile:

Any pictures of what the extended kit will look like on the machine yet?

I am excited for this kit, as I have had a few cuts fail from hitting the limits on the machine in the y axis now… While the plate is well within the water table, that doesn’t mean its also within the machines travel limits.

A few weeks ago I made an extension kit (drilled the holes on the mill) and thats what we used to test. I had those tube sent out for plating and we should be getting them back pretty soon. Once we get them, we’ll take some good photos of the machine to share.

5 Likes

As an interim, you can use Mach3 to check if you’re going to fit.

Once you set your 0,0 you should see the design in the progress pane on the right (if the jog panel is minimized). The crosshairs represent the torch beam point. If you move the torch using the arrow keys you can see where it is on the design. If you move it so the crosshairs are on the edge of the side & it’s still not bumped you’re okay, same with the height. If you run out of head travel before the crosshairs are past the edges of the design you know you’ll have a problem.

I have used the soft limits, which is what has failed most of my parts from even starting. But some times I forget to turn them on after homing the machine, other times I disable it as it can be annoying. I did have to scrap 1 part over the weekend, which would not have happened if I had my soft limits turned on.

I should probably just put some tape on the edeges of the machine that indicate the limits of the torch, so I can verify I have my sheet placed properly.

I used a Sharpie on the gantries :grin:

1 Like

So Daniel I may have missed it, but is there a list I will need to get on for this new expansion kit

Here we are…2 weeks flies by eh? :grin:

How’s it look?

James is excited, I’m excited, boy its like waiting for Christmas. lol

1 Like

<------ready for this kit asap!!

I’m very interested in this kit as well… how is the pre-order going to be done for the people that have already purchased the original table…

Hey All,

Well we’re running a bit behind, primarily because i have been gone on business travel for the last week and didn’t want to have the team use the new punching machine without me being here in case something went wrong with it. We’ve finished all the upper rails, the lead screws, and are working on punching the lower rails now. Once complete we’ll send them out for plating. Here is a picture of what the XL kit looks like:

7 Likes

Looks great, Now stay at work where you belong. jk…

2 Likes

mystery holes in the plates are gone

Looks great.

Is it worth getting a longer cable for the y-axis motor? It looks long enough, but just. Having a bit more length might allow for routing it so it might not get snagged & pulled out by someone walking by.

look awesome cant wait to get my hands on that kit. I will be among the first ordering one of them.
Thank You Daniel for keeping us up to date on this project.

Just wish my Crossfire looked that clean! Lol

1 Like

It will only let me hit the like button once for your comment but X 10 on it!

1 Like

Hows the flex in that long lead screw? I’ve noticed mine on the stock machine wobbles a bit?

Hi All! We are offering the XL kit exclusively to our forum members for purchase for about the next 24 hours. Check out the post: CrossFire XL Expansion Kit Now Available

4 Likes