24" x 48" expansion possibility

Is it possible to buy another Y axis (the larger stepper motor) ? If so how much would one cost? thanks

Has there been any development in this possible kit?

1 Like

I wish they would offer this in a kit. I would be on board. 10” is almost 2 square feet of additional area.

We are working hard to get this kit out in the next 6 weeks. It will include a new Y axis rail, new lower rail, and longer Y axis lead screw. We’ve expanded a few of our machines here and its an awesome addition. The Y axis travel increases to 33.3" for a total cutting envelope increase of 43%.

Initially we were planning to offer a full 2x4 expansion kit (we actually built one), but believe that the cost would have been too high for our customers. Doing a 2x4 expansion requires a new y axis rail, lower rail, ‘Langmuir Systems’ tube, 1/2" Y axis lead screw and new matching lead nut, new water table, new slats, and additionally cable management items.

The 10" travel kit is going to be priced very affordably, probably about $150. We’ll only be offering the option to our existing customers initially. The tubes and the screw will be built in house.

12 Likes

Woohoo. Not quite as good as the 2x4 expansion but also won’t consume my garage :slightly_smiling_face: I’m in!

3 Likes

Love it !! Love it !! Love it !!!

1 Like

Any chance you will be taking preorders? If so sign me up.

Can’t wait!! Sign me up!!

Put me on that list as well! If you need a beta tester for that 2x4, I’m game! :grimacing::grimacing:. Giving this thing a damn workout here lately! Hell, I’d pay just for the blueprints for a 2x4, being that it has a full 48” y axis, as I don’t really have the time to mess around building a new table.

150 ish bucks. yea i want one . more is always better? still havnt got my table parts all on yet. Just the Y but it seems to work alot better on the only test cuts i have done. Yep ya got my billing info n CC. send me a invoive when you get them ready to order.

2 Likes

Put me on the list too:)

VERY happy about this. Thank you Langmuir!!! Another quality product.

Wow that’s a deal!

What’s the best way to get on the list?

<<<<<This guy on the list

Thanks for all the interest everyone! At this point we aren’t forming a list, but I think our initial production volume will be sufficient for everyone that wants this kit. We will be announcing the availability via email once it’s ready to order.

9 Likes

Looking forward to this kit. Will save me buying a new table altogether. Thank you

1 Like

Hi, could you please post it on the forum also? I check email only when i know i have one worth reading. So thats a couple times a year.

3 Likes

Ain’t that the truth!!

I’ll order first day it’s available! Loving the machine, thank you!

Ok…The Cash is Sitting on my Desk!!! Just tell Us when to send it in. Unless there’s a dark alley in the Midwest you would like to meet in. I’ll be there!
:grin:

2 Likes