100A is too much for the PRO water table, so I upgraded DIY

After not heeding the advice of other members who have been there, done that, and in general know better, I did a nasty on my water table. Leak is an under statement.

I had already done the Stanchion risers, to gain a little more height and Y travel, but need more.

The evolution of Stanchions…

Left to Right, OEM, Mod 1, Mod 2.

Now the pan. A combination of not deep enough (I figured out that I need one more inch of height from pan) and sick of cutting near the outside edge of work area and the splash out of the pan onto the floor, I decided to maximize the new pan. 48 x 53.5 x 3in deep (was supposed to be 42x53.5 but I misread my notes and speced it as 48" complete). Capacity 35 gallons for desired cut height.

Fill time with the circulation pump that I have been sitting on for a year and a half, 2:38. Drain time with kitchen sink drains, not bar is 2 minutes, and I get the entertainment of an Aussie and USA drain (one vortex CCW, the other normal CW for the northern hemisphere.)

And the best part of this…36." of Y and the same 48" of X…WITH LIMIT SWITCHES (going to gain another inch with some hardware swaps).

5 Likes