Are units being shipped by order number?

You have to watch the video instructions . I would have paid 50 bucks extra for a instructional CD. I made prob 30 trips in and out of the house .

3453 delivered today, no water table yet though.

order number 3361 got told there isn’t a delay but there is a delay with the water table as the switch to stainless if I want it shipped all at once. And didn’t give me a reason why mine hasn’t gone out but people with order numbers high then me have got there tables. I am apparently on a call list waiting for someone from there office to call me as emails aren’t working as they aren’t answering my questions

I brought my tablet out to the garage and fired up the videos :slightly_smiling_face: Kept having to reorient myself so I matched how Daniel was standing so I could figure out where the two different leg types went. But with patience and following every step on the website instructions & watching the video got me through it.

Patience was key. Something I usually lack though :grin:

Ditto on the patience. My shop is to far from the house to pick up the wifi. But i have it set up to grill the phone guys some burgers to plow me a cable from the house to the shop soon as winter is over. It was low 20s when i was running back n forth. So yes a CD with instructions would have been great.

To all those wishing they had a CD instruction manual… In the weeks, months you’re waiting for your table how about downloading the instructions and videos and burning them to a CD or DVD or Blu-Ray so that you have what you wish for instead of posting here ‘when will I get my table?’. (I realize all may not be doing that.)

Or not even burn them to anything just download them to or put them on your computer, laptop, tablet, phone, what ever that you can take where you need it. What. A. Concept.

Or. Send me fifty bucks plus shipping and handling and I’ll burn you one as long as Langmuir Systems says that’s OK because Copyright is probably involved. Not really. I don’t want to spend the time doing that. But I could. And so could you.

There. I just saved you fifty bucks. Go buy some metal with it to cut. :smiley:

1 Like

I think the moral of the story is : Some just figured it would have instructions. If I had known there wasnt any I would have Made my own CD to take to the shop. I Just didnt want to take the time after I got it. Each to there own.

Whats the latest number shipped?

I printed the original users manual when it rolled out. It has step by step assembly instructions for every part of the table as well as the software. I use it all of the time for Mach.

If anyone needs it I can make copies for free at my office and ship them out. Just cover the shipping cost. Or if there’s a way to put it on disc just tell me how and I can give it a shot lol.

1 Like

For everyone awaiting orders to show up, dont give up. I ordered my machine back in June, patiently checked my email every day in exhaustion to see if it had shipped. Recieved it in oct. In the meantime I thought as soon as the machine shows up, I’ll get started on watching the step by step videos and everything will come to me. Well, like everyone has said before, this machine and software has a huge learning curve. You will not be able to just open the box, plug the machine in and start cutting metal.
That being said, do not get frustrated and give up!
I’ve had my machine up and running now for two months with no prior knowledge of cad/cam or any other modeling software. I sat down in front of my computer with the software open and next to my computer, my ipad with youtube running. This helped immensly! Watch every video in order, rewind and watch again and again… It will all make sense later. This machine is awesome and the capabilities are only up to you!!
Also, everyone on this forum has been a wealth of knowledge, very patient and has always been able to answer any question I have had. Dont get frustrated, the devil is in the details with this type of tool. Read, reread, and double check that each box has been cheched, every line has been drawn and enjoy this great product!!

1 Like

shipping number don’t matter as ive seen people with higher numbers then mine get shipping information way before me

Correct. As they’ve posted multiple times, shipping numbers are generated for every single order - not just the main Crossfire unit. They’re also generated for replacement parts too. So if someone goes back and orders a water table or they upgrade their Mach3 license or get anything else, they get numbers that are higher than people who have tables on order and they’ll get shipped sooner than many people with lower numbers but who are waiting on a table. Table order numbers are not linear - there are gaps represented by those other non-table orders.

They confirmed last week (I think) that they’re shipping the main table orders in the order they were placed - no higher number table than yours has shipped if yours hasn’t. Someone’s Mach3 license or other add-on will have.

1 Like

well I had the case where other peoples tables where shipped ahead of mine…

Tables and not just order #s?

there has been tables shipped ahead of mine still trying to get an answer out of them for that reason
*note that I have been updated by Langmuir and what could have happened and they are going above and beyond for me

We’ve shipped approximately 1600 machines since July 20 and really strived to ship each of them in the order that they were received. However, theres a few reasons why someone else may have gotten theres slightly before you that ordered slightly after you. I’ll try to explain why.

Each day we run our packaging line, the team prints out 50-100 packing labels and are trained to not mix up the stack. Theres one occasion that I recall where the technician responsible for applying the label had the stack of 50 labels flipped over. As you can imagine, this meant that 25 customers, got their machine late and 25 got them early. This issue is particularly exacerbated if the team does not complete a stack in one fulfillment run. Another example is that we palletize 10 machines at a time and UPS picks them up with a freight truck. There have been many occasions when the freight truck is full and they can’t take all the pallets. Theres a reasonable chance that the pallets left behind contain machines that were purchased earlier than the machines that made it onto the truck.

While I cannot say why your specific machine left a little later than it was supposed, it still shipped in December which was the effective promise we made to you when you purchased.

5 Likes

I can’t believe all the whining. You get your table when you get your table. Things happen as Daniel explained.

Why the whining? Why the calling Langmuir out? Why the pointing out possible mistakes? It has absolutely zero value.

1 Like

We totally understand the frustration and know that we have lots of improving to do as we mature as a company. Our customers fork out a substantial amount of hard earned cash and we’re doing our best to make sure people find the experience to be worth their investment. The biggest area for improvement is response times for non-technical requests. We heavily prioritize getting help to folks that are facing an issue, which means longer response times for most other types of requests. We are working on adding those resources so that all types of requests get equal treatment in terms of response time.

2 Likes

I don’t think calling people out for being excited about something they purchased and are waiting for is a great thing to do. Hearing peoples order numbers are a great way to keep the excitement going. I’d love to hear about any problems or delay that could happen to my order.

Who’s calling people out for being excited? Not me. I’m excited. Who’s saying hearing order numbers is a bad thing? I’m not. But they have to be taken and understood in context. I got my order #3920 already. Now everybody who has an order number less then 3920 is gonna complain that I got mine before they got theirs. But my order 3920 was only for the laptop stand.

What value is there in saying so and so got their before me and my order number is lower? None what so ever. It changes nothing it doesn’t get it faster.

When I ordered I was told when I could expect my table. If it arrives late whining won’t change that fact. If someone that ordered after me gets their table before me, big fricking deal. Really…

1 Like