Z Axis + THC Upgrade Kit for CrossFire Now Available

No, nothing from the Gen one box is reused. I don’t know if any of the motor drivers or if the power supply are compatible with the new box, but the control board looks completely different. I held on to mine anyway (I am bad at doing that) but I don’t see it being useful at all. It would be interesting to hear from Langmuir if any of the parts could be saved as spares.

Oh, well Maybe I can use the cast-off parts to make an X-Z-A machine to cut tubeing with.

3 Likes

Exactly!! Good Thinkin!!

And use your Mach3 license to control it…

1 Like

i wouldve done this for FireControl alone,but now,thinking like some others,i have a spare control box with a software license to build something else

Thank you for the reply!

Will mach3 run it

Mach 3 will not run on generation 2 machines
installing the new THC system for generation 1 tables converts then to Generation 2 tables and it runs on Firecontrol.

Great to hear! My upgrade should be here today as well as a machine torch for my OG Crossfire XL.

Any tips you’d care to share for the upgrade? I know I’ll be running fire control now, so I downloaded the software, unsure of which post software I need - is there a way to tell? Hopefully the transition goes smooth and I can get my files from Fusion to Fire Control. Already have several pieces ready to cut!

you can download the post processor from Langmuir for Fusion…
Fire control once you have it up and running is easy…

Consider buying sheetcam. I dumped fusion a long time ago and have not regretted it at all. Sheetcam is super easy to use. One thing I did notice with the THC upgrade was a need to lengthen the pierce delay slightly. Not a big deal but it was frustrating for a few minutes until I figured it out. My first pierce would be perfect and then the torch would fail to maintain an arc on the second pierce. Fire control allows you to over-ride your programmed pierce delay, so you can play with it before changing your tool setups.

I would love to ditch Fusion, but I don’t believe sheetcam runs on a Mac. I design in the house on a Mac, then use Dropbox to get my files to the laptop in the shop.

Can you run Parallels? I think you could run Sheetcam in Windows there

I sure could. Maybe it would be worth the upgrade from fusion.

I do all of my design stuff on my Mac but moved to Sheetcam on a Windows laptop (along with Firecontroll) my son had kicking around and donated to the cause :grinning:. If I didn’t have a W10 box available I would definitely be running Parallels just to be able to use sheetcam. I’m a total convert for post processing.

1 Like

I have the easyscribe and I have to hold down on my torch head to get it to mark the plate, I tried turning off the height control in the fire control but it didn’t help.

Hello, I want help choosing the type of plasma machine so that I can do my Shein Shi Plasma project using MACH3

I have the later paint scheme but I am fairly certain I have a Gen1 machine. It looks identical to the one in the assembly video for a Gen1 machine.

1 Like

Definitely a Gen 1 controller. You’ll need Mach 3 to run it.

2 Likes