Z Axis Problems

I am having issues with my Z axis. When I jog in FC, the motor actuates and can be heard, but the screw doesn’t move up or down. The only time it will move up and down is if I give it a few turns with my hand and then it’ll move, but only for a turn or so. I have tightened the screws on the coupler and that didn’t’ seem to help. Anyone have any better ideas?

@mtthwlehman did you get this figured out? I’m having the exact same issue. If I take off some of the load by hand, the motor will spin slightly and then freeze up again. It’s making noise, but not doing anything. Hopefully you can help me out!!

I did solve this issue. I tightened all of the set screws on the coupler. I actually loosened them all the way up and then tightened each one of them ensuring a snug fit.

1 Like

Thank you for heading me in the right direction. I took the stepper motor off and it slid right out of the coupler as the screws were loose. Easy fix and I hope anybody else reading this will check the screws on the coupler too. 1/8" Allen key for tightening them so be careful not to strip them out.

1 Like

Glad to hear you that alleviated your issue. I was definitely loosening/tightening those with care haha.

1 Like