Z Axis not working crossfire pro

The z axis on my machine no longer works. Ive plugged the motor into the x axis and it works fine. Ive checked for loose connectors inside the box as well. Theres a blinking yellow light that goes solid yellow when i add input to move the x, y, and z axis but the z is the only one that does not move. Ive seen several posts about this problem but not possible solutions. I’d really appreciate any help with this. Thanks

Welcome to the forum!

One possibility is that the Stepper Motor driver has quit. This happens all too frequently with these cheap drivers. If it’s a relatively new system @langmuirsystems generally covers them in their warranty. To check the driver, unplug the input signals from the Z axis driver, unplug the Input signals from the X axis driver. Plug the Z axis connector into the X axis driver and jog Z. You should see the gantry move in X. This will prove that the Z axis driver is no good.

Along with what @TomWS said, you should also see a green LED lights lit on each of the black drivers (boxes) inside the control box. if the Z axis driver it’s lit, could be it fried/burnt out for whatever reason.

1 Like

Im in the process with talking to support on this issue, but yes it looks like its the controler however the led on the z driver is still green not signaling an issue but when i change the connections the issue affects what ever motor is connected to it. Thank you for your responses to this issue they have been helpful

1 Like