Z-Axis hanging on IHS

Yes exactly the same thing just worse.

ROFL, I thought you were serious so I just looked them both up…
The difference between the two units is night and day.

1 Like

LOL. I actually just got mixed up on that earlier post so I thought I d just run with it .

400% of cut height being the pierce height is what I use over 5/16" in material thickness.

2 Likes

I had a couple more parts to cut on 3/8" today and I tried cranking the amps up to 60 like you suggested, slowed the IPM down to 34, set pierce delay to 1.5 and left the THC on and it made the cuts without issue. They will be in my next video where I’m fabricating an engine hoist.

Was the cuts acceptable?

1 Like

Yes they were. I’m curious to see what that does to the consumable life, I think these tips are only rated for 40A but I could be wrong. I know when I tried using the .6mm tips that are rated for 20A to cut 14GA at 30a they shredded the nozzles immediately. They at least made these cuts, I should probably pull the nozzles and have a look but they already had 265 pierces on them so it wouldn’t be an accurate representation.

1 Like

I do know using the wrong consumables will trash them fast . I made the mistake of firing 45 amps consumables at 65 amps… yeah instantly toasted them.

I went back and looked at your cut chart if you do the metric conversions. The 10 mm settings may work . 10 mm equals .39 ish standard.

But as a whole your initial opinion is correct about thick material not needing the THC. There is some cases where it helps.

When you was firing at low amps by the time thc took over it would go haywire because it didn’t have accurate settings.

1 Like