YesWelder Cut-65DS

Oh you have no idea!!! She doesn’t have a moments peace.:rofl::rofl:.

Hi Rowen

I’m a novice at plasma cutting, but I have a decent brain in my skull.
With some more details we may be able to help you with your current set up.

Important things for us to know;

what control software are you using?
What are you using to create the gcode?
air pressure?
current setting?
material you are cutting
material thickness
cut height
air compressor tank size and continuous supply rating.

A few photos of your set up would help too.

Since few of us have the Yeswelder cut65, there aren’t so many people who can recommend settings, but we can try.

ps if you bought the yeswelder via amazon, you may be able to return it if you are not satisfied with the results. I had a yeswelder cut65. It was tripping my circuitbreaker all the time, then it went bang (literally) while it was plugged in, but turned off. I returned it and painfully bought a primeweld cut60. I think the primeweld may be the cheapest machine on here that people have consistently had success with. I’m not trashing your set up. I want you to be successful and I am sharing how I have trodden a similar path.

1 Like

When trying to find settings that work for me I designed a 50mm x 50mm square with a few 10mm diameter circles in it. I used the free version of sheetcam to get the gcode. Then I cut several squares out. Each time I would inspect the cut, then change one or two parameters to test if that would improve or worsen the cut.

If you are able to consistently strike an arc and cut, I would recommend you try this method. You could even post here what your settings are and a pic of the output. Then those with more experience can recommend more air pressure/slower feed rate/different nozzle.
Good luck!

1 Like