Yeswelder cut-55ds

I’m new to plasma cutting, but would anyone know if the YESWELDER CUT-55DS would be compatible with the CrossFire and would it be a reasonably decent plasma cutter to choose? The CUT-55DS is selling for $360 on Amazon Prime for Prime Day.

Thanks,

Nope, it’s High Frequency start. You need to use a blow back start cutter.

1 Like

@nicaDd is bang on…HF start…you hook that up to just about any table and you can kiss it goodbye…not the cutter…the table…

buy a plasma cutter that will last…something that is on the Langmuir list…

Bummer, thanks for the quick reply, though.

hey that is what we are here for…quick…sarcastic…helpful…useless…fun…confusing…replies…

I will give you a little advice…as I stated…buy a better plasma cutter…if you buy chep the chances are you will be frustrated with the lack of information of parts…consumables…and breakdowns…

now I am not saying all the cheap ones are like that…but I am speaking from some experience here…I bought cheap…and it died…could not even give it away…had to spend more for betters…a case of good money after bad…

if you end up not enjoying plasma…you can at least get some of your money back with a decent machine…

2 Likes

I will give you better advice: Go Fishing instead!

JK, my friend, @toolboy, does, sometimes, offer reasonably decent, accurate, and worthwhile advice. OTOH, sometimes he doesn’t. Your choice :rofl:

1 Like

if I only took my advise to take my advise…I would be able to advise others…

thank you Tom…I will take your advice under advisement

1 Like

Which advice? Go Fishing instead? No, of course you wouldn’t do that. Where you live you need a chainsaw to cut a hole in the water to fish! :beers:

I’m seeing a Yeswelder 55DS non-touch, non-high frequency, blow back start being advertised. If that’s the case, how would you hook it up to a crossfire?