Y2 port not working on control box

Hello,
I have been cutting on my table as time has permitted for a week or so now. Mostly cutting small shapes and coupons to figure out my speeds and amps and lead-ins.

Yesterday during a cut the y2 motor stopped moving and jammed up the table. I first inspected all the hardware on that side of the table and everything looked good. I unplugged the y2 long wire from the control box and was able to jog the cross bar to the back of the table. When i tried to switch the y leads, the y2 motor worked and the y1 motor was froze. I tried several reboots of the computer and turning off and on of the control box with no effect. It appears that something is wrong with the signal coming out of the Y2 port on the box.

Is there anything else i can try? Or is it possible i have a broken control box?

Thanks in advance for any help

sounds like a controller issue

open up the box…look inside…check to see if all the modules are lit up

then sacrifice a small animal on a fire pit…dance in circles…if that does not work…

support@langmuirsystems.com

once the guys from Langmuir get back to you the cover will most likely need to be opened for some testing they will ask you to do.

1 Like

Thank you. Will pull cover now.

glad you tried switching the motor leads around…good way to determine if is just the motor or a connection.
seems both motors are working…

Pulled cover and i have no green light on the black module conected to the Y2 port. Everything else is lit. Yello light flashing on the white board that i dont remember from assembly, but it may have been flashing and thats just my memory.

Send the picture and your explanation to the boys at langmuir support email they will most likely get back to you in a day.
Lojs like a new controller might be needed

1 Like

Did you ever get this figured out? I am having the same issue with my Y1 port on the board. Thanks

Langmuir tech support is fantastic. They had me check a couple things with an ohm meter then sent out a new module for the y control. It was easy to install. I ended up having an additional issue after that and they sent me a whole new control box and paid for postage to send my old one back so they could do an analysis on it. I have been running smoothly ever since. Love my table and can’t say enough good things about how this company takes care of their customers.

Send them an email and I know they will get you going quickly.

3 Likes

glad to hear ever thing worked out…nice to see people appreciate Langmuir for their support and quick action…

i have the same issue with my new Pro yesterday. Sent in an email, hopefully its a quick easy fix.

did you try first checking the ports for any damage for misalignment?
and have you tried to swap the Y ports to see if the problem continues?

Yes i have done all that the OP has done and even swapped out the replacement screws for the plug thumb screws that were provided.

I have the same condition with the green light inside the control box not on. It worked a few times then quit while i was installing the torch and adjusting the cable length.

I expect Support will get back to you quickly…I do not know what to offer next…

1 Like

yes, they did and a new part is on its way.

FANTASTIC…!!!
see there are people out there who like to complain…but then with the right information…and reaching out to them the right way…BANG!!!

solved!!!

let us know how things go after the new part