Y1 drive coupling slipping on ball nut

I have a new XR, on assembly it seemed that the drive coupling on the ball nut was loose. On completion almost all of our cuts are not accurate and we see the problem is the greatest when there are rapid changes in direction in the Y direction. Running the machine really slow seemed to resolve the problem, but now it is happening even when cutting 3/4" plate at 33 IPM.
We have double checked the ball screw tension, marked the ends and checked them again there is no movement in the ball screw. I have marked the ball nut, coupling and belt, moved the gantry back and forth and return it to zero (not home) and the Y1 side is out, but the Y2 side returns to the same place.

Langmuir refuse to accept that the ball nut to coupling could be loose - what can I do.

you might need to add more tension to the y axis ball nut screw on the end of screw. Go back to assembly if you are not sure how to tension the screw, if not enough tension the y axis screw will spin in bearing and lose steps. Not the ballnut assembly.

1 Like

Hi Rat, Thanks for your response, This has been checked multiple times, I have marked the screws, nuts, washers and end brackets. There is no movement in the screws. I will post a video showing I can manually turn the drive belt and coupling and the ball nut does not turn.

Plasma

I am not sure if this will work, but video is posted here.

Can’t see much in video, but is the Y axis screw spinning as you turn ballnut ? Is pully nut tight? need a better video shot.

Do you have two washers on the ball screw?

1 Like