Y axis stepper motors different speeds

I’ve just assembled my Crossfire Pro and I’ve found that the Y axis stepper motors are rotating at different speeds. At first I thought that I might have had something too tight so I loosened up the bearing blocks a little and that didn’t seem to do anything. Then I thought maybe it was the motors themselves so I swapped which port they were connected to and now the other side is slower. I can only assume this means that it’s a problem with the electronics or I missed a step along the way. Has anyone had this issue? Am I missing something? Thank you in advance.

Its more than likely that one of the motor couplers is loose- its a common problem. Check to make sure those arent slipping.

1 Like

That was one of my first thoughts so I made sure they were plenty tight. I just tried again and tightened them a bit more and if I go any further the sockets will strip. Still the same issue. When I switched the port that the motors are connected to the opposite motor was slower while the other was faster. I also switched the short cable y axis motor with the x axis motor and it’s still the same issue, whichever motor is connected to Y2 is slower than Y1.

open the cover and check the dip switches on the side of the drivers. #2 should be down on both.

3 Likes

You’re a hero. That did it!

1 Like

Each Y motor has its own driver on the Pro?

yes they do

1 Like