X axis tube is twisted

i have problems with the torch slipping at the far side of my table . I think its the x axis that is at fault i have adjusted the bearings for hours only to find that clearance changes depending on where the slide is on the rail . checked with a level across the top flat 90 degrees, it varies from 1/4 to half a bubble off from middle to end all this while my y rails are level .

when fast traveling in the x directions the lead screw vibrates when travel is near the far side stop. which i cannot get out
found the heavy duty coupler i had bought, that has taken out the vibration in the x lead screw. so that is a win there .

as far as the tube not square i adjusted the torch square to the cut surface although it will move somewhat in its travel its not much consequence on thin sheet . the problem seems to be the bracket from y to x rail is not holding square or parallel on the horizontal , the near fitment is better but neither are correct

I haven’t had anything slip, but I do have variance in the tubing OD. A few other users have posted about this too.

I think I told someone the other day to adjust their bearings and multiple spots on the x. I kind of wonder if that’s why Langmuir made it so only some of the bearings needed to be touching at one given time for proper alignment.

1 Like

@brownfox i think your right, and I also think the “looseness” also prevented those hardened bearing surfaces from wearing out the softer square tube as fast.