X-Axis Movement

I’m having an issue with my x-axis movement. It only works intermittently. I tried swapping the drive motor with the z-axis and both worked perfectly when swapped. When I put them back to their respective ports the x-axis works only intermittently again.

To clarify, you plugged the Z motor into the X axis port and the Z motor jogged fine?

I have seen problems like that with another machine I have. Often the issue is right at the DB9 connector. The connectors made today are pretty cheaply manufactured (yes, even Amphenol) and sometimes you will find when they’re mated, there may be a pin or pins, just barely connecting.

Langmuir shipped out a new motor and connector, now the machine works swimmingly.
Kudos to Langmuir and their customer support, best I have seen!

1 Like

New issue is happening now where the x-axis will not go the full travel on the left handside. Could there be an issue with the square tube?

Break loose the screws that secure the X axis lead nut. Does jogging to the extents of X travel improve?

I tightened the collar bolts and that helped, it now goes to the end. I’m just worried that there might be something causing binding. I have stripped out one of the collars so I’m always careful on how much to tighten.

Had the same issue, tried your remedy; it worked. I’m afraid this might cause more wear and tear if not tightened, but it works

If you tighten them back up again does it jog freely?

If I tighten back up it continues to get hung up mid way traveling -X direction

Having the same issues. Replaced with new parts and still doing the same. Tigntend the screws up as instructed, same problem. Hardwire the old unit to the plug and still doing the same thing.

I’m having the same issue. the -X direction does not work. I have spent 2+ weeks trying to get Langmuir with to help on this. I have received an email stating here is a motor on the way. I installed the motor assembly since my brand new table burned up the connector on a brand new table. This did nothing to fix the issue. I installed the new motor and still will not work in the -X direction. I sent another email asking abut the Motion control board or step module. I want sent and invoice to pay for the 2 new items from the tech department. THIS DOES NOTHING! LOL. I’m getting the feeling that Langmuir does not have any customer support or Langmuir does not care about their customers. This is the worst experience I have had with a company so far. I have ran large and small fabrication shops all my life and this is a joke for a basic burn table.

Seems out of character for @langmuirsystems. If you are seeking assistance with troubleshooting, please provide a detailed description of your scenario and consider sharing a photo of the inside of your electronics enclosure. This may help others identify if there is a wiring issue. However, if you are simply looking to vent, this may not be the best platform for that. The forum is intended to be a place for problem-solving and finding solutions. If you need to express your frustrations, Facebook may be a better outlet for that. Thank you

2 Likes

I have been calling and emailing for 2 weeks to work this issue out. I’m seeking assistance!

Awesome.

Let’s outline this scenario so we can get some more eyes looking at it. I tagged langmuir above so they’ll see your note too.

Please provide as much context as possible for us.

A clear photograph of the inside of your electronics enclosure. And these burn connections you’re talking about would be a great start also.

2 Likes