Work flow, am I correct on this?

OK, will be working with the PRO. Mac in the house and tiny computer with touchscreen set up (@felich s set up), I like that.

I plan on designing parts on the MAC with Fusion, then CAM in fusion. After that do I load onto a card at that point and take to the tiny computer and run the FireControl there? Is it the G-Code that goes to FC? When 3-D printing its CAD and then Cura generates the G-Code.

OR run the FC on the MAC, then export it?

Pro= Fusion CAD, Fusion CAM then FireControl, correct?

Yep, take your g code from the Mac then put it in firecontrol.

1 Like

OK, that’s what I thought. Thank you very much! DL’ed FC on the MAC but cannot do anything. Guess because it doesn’t see machine.

@Sacco - The last tool chain in your message is correct.

CAD in Fusion 360 which gives you a 3D model.
CAM in Fusion 360 which generates the toolpath and posts g-code to a file.
Copy that file to a thumb drive.
Sneaker Net the thumb drive to your PRO cutter.
Plug the thumb drive into the PRO cutter’s PC.
Bring up FireControl and load the file.
Air cut the g-code with FC.
Then load up your cutter and pull the trigger.

The 3D printer tool chain is different in that once you have a model in Fusion 360 you save it as an .STL file. That file is opened in your Slicer (Cura for example) where your model is sliced into layers which are then converted to g-code for your 3D printer.

1 Like

Since the Mini PC has WiFi, why wouldn’t you simply share a drive between the two systems? No file transfers or USB sticks involved.

@TomWS - Because @Sacco previously said he has no Wi-Fi at his Pro cutter.

1 Like

oh :flushed:

uh, makes sense. Good suggestion, Jim! :crazy_face:

Ya, we put a 40x90 building in the middle of 109 acres, well; maybe not smack dab the middle. There is a BIG punch list, garage doors are scheduled and spray foam insulation as well. Power is scheduled but I need to dig 2240’ trench and put the 4" conduit in to the building. There isn’t phone or HSD on the horizon. HOWEVER I could use my phone as a hotspot OR simply have a WIFI router there and connect to it. This is all TBD.

You could run an optical fiber line or two between the ends since you’re pulling other stuff through the conduit anyway (since 2240’ is gonna be too long for CATx cable). Just a thought.

edit to add: or if you want to be esoteric, a couple focused parabolic reflector transcievers… or HAM radio digital data. :smiley:

1 Like