Why, why, why does this keep happening?

I hope you get it going there are a lot of great suggestions here I hope one of them helps.

Have a great night…

It is 5052 1/8" thick I always ground directly to the material, found this out about a year and a half ago after trying to ground to the drain as suggested… That doesn’t work… Lol

1 Like

You should be using the same settings as when you used the viper 30 if they worked.

Also you said something about 30 amp shielded tips at 45 amps, that won’t work. And there is no 30 amp shielded consumables for the Primeweld 60

Please let us know what fixes your issue I have this unit and am planning on using it with the CrossFire Pro when I receive it.

Will do if I can ever figure it out

Finally got some good cuts!!!

4 Likes

Yay! You should post your settings so when someone stumbles across this someday they’ll be able to cut successfully too.

I will, also going to be making a Primeweld Cut 60 Cut Chart for people to add to

2 Likes

Hey!! Those cuts look nice… Good for you and congrats on keeping with it!!

Thx, stupid problems seem to be the culprits, just need to have the time and patience to find the little bastards… LOL

2 Likes

Big difference, nice cuts… what was the “stupid problems”?

1 Like

Very good cuts, glad you are making progress. I really think 75psi cut flow is overkill.

The cuts look great I am glad you got it worked out I knew you would… thank you for the cut cut chart for the PrimeWeld Cut 60. More people are purchasing them so any help that can be had is great. Looks like a great cut also…

Very Happy for you

1 Like

Thanks, when I get a chance I’m going to create a form to enter data into the chart easily. I will post a link to it when I get it done.

3 Likes

George, what would you recommend for PSI in the situation? Basically just set the PSI to what I used to cut with my viper cut 30 so I could get some orders cut. Curious to know what you would recommend here…

60 should be plenty, 75 for like 1/2" or more. 75 is recommend for 60 amp output and 80 is MAX. I use 75 psi for 3/4" steel and 1/2" aluminum.

I’ll give it a try tomorrow. Thanks

Wanted to tell everyone here that helped me with my issues thank you. I thank you all as well as the Langmuir forum in general for being here. Think I got it now!

3 Likes

are you using a boom on your torch holder?

What do you mean boom?