Which Plasma Cutter To Purchase

I’ll be ordering a Crossfire Pro in the near future and I’m trying to decide on a plasma cutter for it. I wish a Hypertherm was in the budget, but hopefully something I can upgrade to in the future. The top end of the budget is $1200. Here are the cutters I’ve been looking at:

Primeweld CUT60
Everlast 62i
Razorweld 45

The Razorweld is sold by Langmuir and looks like it would be the easiest to get started with, however, it doesn’t seem to be as popular on this forum as the other two I mentioned.

Looking for pros and cons from people who have used any of the cutters listed above. Also, if there’s any other budget cutters I should be considering, feel free to mention them. Thanks in advance for your help.

Everlast 82i, you will never regret it.
Even the 62i is excellent. Make sure you get the CNC package with the machine torch. Now, if I could do it over, I would buy the Hypertherm 85. My Everlast 82i had been trouble-free for three years. It can cut 3/4 to 1" without a problem.

7 Likes

I went with the standard Razor 45 because I was a new to plasma cutting. Choose it over others because of the forum’s cut spreadsheet was Cut45 centric and there’s a lot of forum Cut45 experience to help with issues.

Now that I’ve had my table for 3+ years (without major issues), I’d probably go with something else because during the learning process I had to tweak the spreadsheet’s recommended settings to optimize cutting and minimize dross.

One thing to consider, the Cut45 has an internal pressure regulator, not settable unless you take case off. Others have knob on front panel.

3 Likes

@EMBronco

I have the PW CUT60 and have been happy with it. If I were to go back and do it all over I think I would buy either the 82i or a hypertherm.

As an Early Bronco(67, 72 and 76)owner and enthusiast I am intrigued by your username… tell me more.

5 Likes

I’ll have to look at the 82i.

That’s good insight on the Razor 45. Seems like it would be a lot more handy to have a knob on the front panel.

Thanks for the insights on the plasma cutter.

I wish I had an early Bronco, there so cool. I bought a 2022. I have 5 boys, and they love it. We’ve taken it to Moab a couple of times and had a blast.

2 Likes

Others, who have non-Cut45 plasma torches, reading this thread should comment on how often they change the pressure.

I agree 100%. I upgraded from the rw45 to the 82i last year and it’s been excellent. If you can, just skip the rw and go with the 82i.

2 Likes

I went ahead and bought the 102i, 100% duty cycle at 80 amps. They had it on sale with the machine and hand torch for $2k, it looks like that sale is still going.

2 Likes

Great choice. Just make sure you have an 80 amp /240 circuit for it. I use one for hand torch work @ 100 amps output; it will trip an 80amp breaker on occasion.
It’s an animal. I cut a street manhole cover in half a couple of days ago. Haha.
Just a note. It comes with an IPTM 100 torch. Fine-cut consumables are not available to my knowledge. George might know.

2 Likes

I love my 82i. It has cut everything I have needed to so far.

1 Like

I’m using the Yeswelder DS65. It is in the less than $500 category. It hooked up easy with a plug I got online to set up the interface without removing case. It can easily get you going until you can afford a more dedicated piece. They also have a 55 amp but I have not used it. It is CNC compatible. I plan on getting one to replace the 65 I used for the CNC. I have a discount code for 10% off if you are interested. Code: speedmaverickgarage