Where oh where is FIRECAM?

Did they forget about us plasma guys … And are concentrating on the mill guys ??? FIRECAM ???

IIRC, The last time this topic came up the conclusion was this was just a false rumor. I’m not aware of any change in this. Not sure why LS would bother since SheetCam works well and runs on more OS’s than FireControl does.

2 Likes

Seems kind of silly to try to reproduce what Sheetcam already does very well. I can’t imagine how many versions we’d have to go through to reach the performance level of Sheetcam.

4 Likes

And, with SheetCam always improving, it would be an unreachable target.

4 Likes

I think being a small company that they have a lot riding on this roll out. Don’t you think?
Just learn Fusion or Inkscape and forget all the other junk.

2 Likes

I saw reference to FireCAM as well, and it was on Langmuir’s website (not a forum entry). I dont think it was a rumor. I am still hoping they have something planned.

I’ll try to find it, if it still exists.

If I understand correctly. Probably not! The program was being designed by a company in the Ukraine. I think thats the hold up. I’m sure
Daniel could chime in to let us know.

1 Like

Hey everyone,

I can confirm that FireCAM is still an active project at Langmuir Systems.

Development was slowed due to current world events (one of our core software developers is located in Ukraine), but we hope to have an early version released within the next 6 months.

10 Likes