What USB noise isolator is recommended

Can we post videos on here? If so I’ll post a video showing my whole setup.

the best it to create a youtube account…post it there then link it…or post pictures here.

Ok I’ve got an account I’ll post and share the link

so on the new computer where you say the THC doesn’t work, are you saying the THC box on the right corner in firecontrol is greyed out or is it showing as green?

it should be like this in firecontrol. if it’s not showing green then it’s a driver issue.

sorry no. It just doesn’t show live voltage. so as soon as the torch starts to move a error message pops up. All of the drivers are good.

Here is a link to the video of my setup. Thanks for the help

I’ll watch the video a couple more times but first off I would not put the vim module on the side of the electronics enclosure.
No reason to have high voltage DC that close to it.
So it looks like you hooked into the raw voltage pins on the CPC connector on your plasma torch for torch height controlling?
Are you using pin 5 and 7 for raw voltage?

You could try to switch the polarity where it’s plugged into the vim see if that’s maybe the issue ? switch the black for the red and the red for the black.

A question for other members out there are you taking your raw voltage from the CPC connector of the Primeweld cut 60 or are you taking it from inside the unit ?

Try to wipe and reinstalled your USB drivers for the computer?

i suggest to connect it RAW from inside the cutter. I would think you would have issues with using the cpc for raw voltage since it’s using the 100k resistors then it goes thru more inside the VIM box. connecting form inside the cutter is straight voltage.

2 Likes

I am using pins 5 and 7. I have tried switching the polarity around with no change. I’m starting to wonder if there is a voltage drop due to the small gauge wire and terminals coming out of the CNC port. I gonna try wiring up the banana connectors to the inside of the machine to see if that helps.

1 Like

Try to keep those wires from your internal raw voltage connection to the vim as short as possible.

Mount the vim on the plasma cutter not the Langmuir electronic enclosure.

Keep those high voltage DC wires short

2 Likes

I may have misunderstood the EMI interference. I thought getting the VIM box farther away from the cutter was good. But I will do what you said. Thanks for the help!

Check each machine for the version of your USB port. Reports of 3.0 being noisy.

the VIM box is meant to be velcro’d to the cutter. you want the cutter farthest away from the control box and computer to avoid EMI issues. i have my CUT60 on the opposite side from the control box using extension cables.

yes wire it from inside the cutter to get straight RAW voltage. the VIM box will then reduce it to a working level before goes into the control box.

I have moved the VIM box to the side of my plasma cutter and wired it to Raw voltage inside of the machine. Im still not getting any voltage to show in fire control. I also uninstalled the usb drivers and reinstalled them, no change. I also wanna mention that when I turn the torch off in fire control I will see a small voltage blip of 30-50V show up for live voltage. I will try an battery backup and a good quality USB cable, If anyone has recommendations. I need a little longer usb, like around 10 feet or so. Another thing I wonder about, is there a USB board that someone might recommend that I could install inside my PC to help with this issue. I have tried a 3.0 USB card, but apparently the control box will utilize the faster connector.

I see this post was some time ago, but curious as to what you did to resolve any issues? I have a new system…Pro, Cut60, THC, desktop pc. Has been working perfectly, then all of a sudden, errors relating to pierce delay with thc on would stop it in its tracks. Verified everything and found that i didnt have voltage on the A1/ground pins of the chip, but voltage through the thc connector. I figured i would just try an old laptop off of battery power…and it worked perfectly! So knowing that it was now working, swapped it back to the desktop…and nothing. Any info is appreciated!