What is the best way to get details out of a file I purchased

What’s the best way to get the details out of a file I purchased. I’m trying to figure out how to get details out of a train file I purchased. I’m really am not trying to get everyone to do the work for me, as I’m trying to learn…and I’ve gotten a little better after watching @TinWhisperer but seems like the more detailed I get the harder it definitely gets…even tried scaling this file up bigger thinking it would help…but still losing lots of details. If it helps I’m using a Primeweld Cut60 with a 0.9 nozzle. Running 30amps, 55psi at a speed of 110.24ipm as the manual suggest.

train sign 4
train sign settings

@mnicolia what is your kerf set to?

When I get home I look it up

My kerf is set at .06

When you say get the details out, do you mean get all the details to cut?

@mnicolia is that what your kerf actually is. The smaller you make your input kerf the higher detail you will be able to achieve. I use a fine cutting tip and my kerf is .034.

Setting it to the kerf you use it processed and showed complete cuts with little to no loss of detail. What size cutting tip do you use?

What is the overall size, can you show some measurements between some of the gaps getting truncated by the tool path, like in the wheel area?

It is important to set the kerf as closely as possible to your actual kerf. You can determine that with measuring simple straight test cuts. Your cut height, speed, amp setting, material thickness all play a role. If you set your kerf in the computer smaller than your actual kerf your resultant cut can be compromised. You will cut parts you didn’t expect to cut because the simulated line in your cam program was given the wrong information. I find the fastest speed with the lowest amps and the closest nozzle distance provides me the narrowest kerf which works well for what I do. There are trade offs for any of those choices though. If you have specific questions about them I would be happy to share with you. In the pic I uploaded the some of the details on the letters are just under 1/16 wide. When tuned properly this table can do phenomenal work.

3 Likes

@mnicolia You could pick up some of that design as single line elements.

This may help with some of the details.

here is a live stream where i show a example of this. start at the 28 min mark

3 Likes