What are your Tips for an outside business Sign

lol, all the brain power for thinking outside the box is greatly appreciated! I’ll definitely keep your ideas in mind.

thanks for the info @DnKFab i’ll be checking into it for sure! Do you have any pics of projects you’ve used this paint on?

haha, looks like you have just enough for what’s needed :smile: got any pics of your projects with that paint?

Mostly brackets and such. I will be posting as soon as the “honey-do” list gets under control.

I will quote you if she asks

1 Like

hammered pewter

IMG_2212

4 Likes

I got your back :facepunch: :rofl:

@DnKFab those are awesome works and paint look really clean, love it!

1 Like

We use a lot of PPG material on our Aerospace product. Their Desothane (Desoto) resists chemical and heat). Also AkzoNobel. Our painters say Intrepid Coatings (Phoenix, AZ) lays down well. They do not like Socomore (Dysol, PTI) material. All are two or three part systems (aerospace) base, catalyst/activator and thinner/reducer.

2 Likes

@Zen, I like to hear your input on this. I was totally shocked when I used it because it flowed so nice and without drips and then set up like a glassy smooth surface. The umbrella stands I could put in my finishing room and get the temp up to about 120 degrees but the trailer that I painted, never got warmer than about 75 degrees and at night was probably in the high 50’s and it set up well.

Here is the umbrella stands. This is 15 years ago when I really did not weld very well. Now I am worse! Shake too much and have vision issues. Umbrella stands worked great except in rocky soil. The green paint is the 2 part paint. The silver was just typical spray paint.

4 Likes

@DonP - Not sure if you have the Eagle or Talon stud welder, but does your Trigger light only light when the trigger has been activated or does it come on just after the unit is ready and the contact light comes on? I assume only when triggered but the way the manual states it is ambiguous to me.

I have Eagle stud welder. I never really watched for the trigger light. I know the ready light is ON and when you make contact with metal the contact light turns ON. I would say only when trigger is pulled does that light come ON. Below is link for people i call with questions

Weld Studs & Insulation Fasteners | Manufacturer & Supplier | Midwest Fasteners

Thanks Don. I think you are right. I should have the parts I need today to test it. I picked up a used Talon which is set up for Cuphead pins which I will never use. Otherwise it is the same as the Eagle unit you have.

I shoot 1/4” studs in all my layered designs. I did post a few months ago how I design things to help me keep things straight. You can just use tape to hold them in place and shoot the stud through hole in design. I used 0.3” but cut on center line. You’ll need to find out what size hole you need to use in design so you can shoot stud through backer into front layer. I can get on the computer and show you if this don’t really make sense. Sorry I haven’t cut anything in a month. Too busy with kid in tee ball and other stuff but can help if needed.

1 Like