Well worth the wait

Finally the day is here just received my cross fire. Hopefully will have it cutting by this weekend. Have to say I’m really surprised in the build quality, Water box especially.

8 Likes

Cool. How long did it take you to square and assemble it?
Did you get a tracking number when yours shipped?

Yes I got a tracking number. Make sure you check your spam folder for some reason mine ended up there. I’m not done yet ran out of time last night but I think a few hours it can all be assembled.

1 Like

no tracking. oh well. gives me time to make room for it

Woohoo!!! Congratulations. Love to see Batch 1 folks getting theirs because it means Batch 2 is closer :grinning:

4 Likes

I’m impatiently waiting for mine lol

Nice to see a machine delivered. It certainly looks good in the pictures. Can’t wait to hear others’ feedback as theirs roll in as well. Thanks for the post.

1 Like

Can’t wait to see your first project.

Lucky!!! lol still waiting on mine as well.

Just finished building mine this afternoon, now to play with it!

2 Likes

Great seeing people getting theirs. Now we need pictures :grinning:

1 Like

Is that a drain in the middle of the water tray?

Yes , that’s a brass drain plug in the center. The cylinder protruding out of the drain plug is a zinc anode. Common rust inhibitors such as sodium nitrite powder make the solution an electrolyte which creates the opportunity for galvanic corrosion against the aluminum. To prevent this, a zinc anode is installed which corrodes in order to protect the aluminum.

4 Likes

Forgive my ignorance is the zink anode something that will be easily replaced after some time?

Yes it screws in hand tight into the brass drain plug. We provide an extra one with each water table. One zinc anode is good for approximately 1000 hours. If you want to make your zinc last longer, its advisable to drain the water table when you know you wont be cutting for a few days.

3 Likes

If the pan is now aluminum, and I have slats made of a corrosion resistant metals, is it advisable to do without any rust inhibitors?

Yes, however the water will still rust the steel that you cut. Just means you will need to remove the material from the slat bed when you are finished cutting.

Langmuir-Daniel,

I had read somewhere here about using Borax as rust inhibitor? Do you have any information on amounts that should be used? Or should we be using a commercially available plasma coolant? Thanks

Found a bunch of reading on this on Plasma forums. Sodium Carbonate and Ph test kit is all I plan to use. Mix up a solution until the Ph is 8.0+. A natural rust inhibitor at and above that range. Fairly inexpensive at the pool supply store or Walmart even.

1 Like

An older post on another forum. They have been successful with the mixture I said above, at 8.5 and higher.

“Rust is the natural state of iron (ferrous oxide). Rust occurs when an exposed area of a ferrous (iron-containing) alloy (like steel) drops below a pH of about 8.2 or 8.3. Rust inhibitors provide an environment that combats the pH drop on the surface - thereby protecting and preserving the surface finish. Different types of rust inhibitors provide different ways and durations of corrosion protection.”