Ways to Learn Fusion 360 in 2023

The general question gets asked in one way or another, “How do I learn Fusion 360” about every few weeks. This topic has been mentioned and probed in hundreds of topics. I just thought I would compile some of the things that I know of that exist.

The general answer is:

1. watch videos on YouTube
  2. read topics on this forum,
  3. Watch videos by some of the members of this group @TinWhisperer, @DonP, @holla2040 to name a few. Please add other members names for those I have left out.

If you don’t know what you need to know or ask, here is a good starting point with an overview. This is a quick series that takes you through the entire work flow of Fusion 360.:
https://www.langmuirsystems.com/software/fusion

Another great resource is Fusion 360/Autodesk site. To reach the video series, and it is quite complete with respect to topics covered, just click on the Home button on the menu bar on Fusion 360:

Self-paced Learning Module of Autodesk Fusion 360, online and free:

I am not trying to say this is the end-all, comprehensive list of information sources. I encourage others to add comments for sources that have helped them. I would say, please limit your comments to sources you have found helpful and not a forum to active solve a particular solution for a drawing/extrusion/post production issue you are having. Search for the issue in this forum and/or create a new topic.

5 Likes

I found these 3 Fusion 360 creators the most beneficial in my 3 years with Fusion.

Kevin is very specific and his channel is nicely structured and current.

Matt’s channel is all over the place but his topic coverage is vast and videos are long.

By far the most interesting channel, even advanced users will be impressed with the clever approaches Fusion360School takes. I’ve learned about many Fusion features I never knew existed.

Others that are helpful

I don’t find Autodesk’s YT channel to be very useful for modeling. Their long form video content is many years old and out of date. Same goes for Lars Christensen.

4 Likes

Great additions to this conversation Craig! And you are right abut the “out of date” issues with videos. Fusion 360 keeps changing both the menus and how to attack various problems. For the most part, these changes eventually reveal themselves to be ‘improvements’ so the change does not bother me as much as it did when I was first learning. The older videos still have some value to me because they show “what is possible” and “what the tool or method is called.”

Since this is a new environment for me, I lack the background to know what something is called. The terminology tripped me up often. Once you know what/how something is referred, then you can search for that term and find a more recent video and/or ask for help here.

I have seen many of the “Product Design Online” videos and they are very good. I have not seen the other ones you mentioned.

2 Likes