Water tray liquid

What is the best liquid for the water table I just purchased the crossfire pro and almost have it ready to start cutting, not a fan of water and borax because of the white crystals on everything

That what I use no white crystals. If you get it I assume you are using way to much

This stuff works well.

About $150 and will last for a good while.

2 Likes

For about $30 you can mix your own (Sodium Nitrite formula, not borax) and it will last you for 75 Gallons of water changes and no white crystals.

1 Like

Could I get the mixing formula from you for this solution?

It’s interesting that the search engine doesn’t find this post. Somehow the formula with Sodium Nitrite isn’t matching.

2 Likes

Thank you sir!

Deos anyone know how safe this sodium nitrite is? When tying to find some I ran across a bunch of articles of people dying from ingesting or breathing this stuff. Just curious how toxic it is or if it can be absorbed through the skin every time you reach in to
the water table to pull out some metal pieces .

One of its main uses is as a meat preservative. People are eating it all the time.

I found a pretty informative write up on its safety. it does not outline it being used as plasma coolant additive.

It’s been used for quite a long time in plasma but I don’t know if anyone’s ever done any health studies with it used in that regard.

1 Like

gonna beat tom to his reply…is it dangerous…or unhealthy…tom ?..ahahahaha…hello tom…

If you eat hot dogs, you eat Sodium Nitrite.
Based on my calculations, to INGEST enough Sodium Nitrite from the Plasma Cutting solution to kill a 200 lb man (or woman), you would need to drink about 600 ounces of it…

The web is a great source of scary stories…

1 Like

We use sodium nitrate in the food industry but i am not sure what the differents is on nitrite. Read an article in pubmed.gov of a girl dying from ingesting 1 tbs.

0.25 oz of pure sodium nitrite is all that’s necessary to kill a 200lb adult. As I said, the amount in the Plasma Cutting fluid would require you to drink 600oz of the fluid to get this amount. That would generally be a very bad idea under any circumstances.

1 Like

NOW you tell me this???

1 Like