Water table slat bed not level

I cleaned out my water table today and installed the slats back in and found it sloped nearly a 1/4 to the right. The slats are firmly installed with no gaps and nothing between the slat holder and table.

This might be why I have so many cut issues on this side of the table? The actual table is level but the slat bed is not.

Suggestions?

I guess you have to check between the slats and slat holders, between the slat holders and the table and between the table and the frame for spaces

I’ve done that, nothing impending the slat bed holder, everything is clean!

The table being level is irrelevant- what matters is how parallel the gantry arm is to the slat bed. You check this by jogging the torching along the X axis and looking to see if the gap changes between the torch and the slat bed.

1 Like

So the I can readjust the gantry arm with the 8 bolts and the torch shouldn’t get tighter with the bed being uneven? Because there was a solid 1/4 difference from right to left after cleaning the water table.

1 Like

Correct, you just need to adjust the gantry arm. I typically move the arm towards the middle of the table, move the torch closest to where the gantry attaches to, remove the torch from the torch holder, set your gap using the thick shim and placing the torch holder on top of the shim. Then move the torch all the way out on the x axis, place that thick shim under the torch holder and see if the gap is the same. If you can’t place the shim in between the slat bed and the torch holder because the gap is to tight then loosen the Allen bolts on the gantry assembly, lift the gantry arm up to where you can now place the shim in between the torch holder and slat table, tighten up the gantry bolts you just loosened, remove shim, then move the torch in the x axis to where you started, check gap again, repeat if necessary.

Thanks, o never remember it being this far out. I normally check about every 10 or so cuts but after cleaning it I was surprised how far it’s out now.