Water table leaks

Still working on getting my CF Pro running. I’d done a healthy bit of inquiry on these and regarding leaks. I ended up having the bottom holes welded closed and the two pan halves welded together so there should be zero issue with leaks right out of the gate.

I had some tabs welded on the under side of the pan so the pan is still fastened to the frame.

Also I’d seen plenty of review on the seam of the two halves leaking over time after passes of the torch head going over it. Of course I had these welded together so no issue with failing sealant will ever effect me… however as just an added caution I acquired some tight U channel stainless steel that fits perfectly over top of this seam and will give just that added additional layer of material that the torch would need to burn through before ever getting to the pan itself.

The last thing I did was had two pieces black sheetmetal cut that drop right into each side of the pan. There’s large holes in the center to not effect the drain ports. But I think this will give again that extract layer of material the torch would need to burn through before ever getting to the stainless pan. Least this is the thought anyway!

Any of these pieces can be easily replaced as needed!

Does anyone know how many gallons of water this holds?

1 Like

Langmuir says 65 gallons

1 Like

Well - we just filled up our XR and it is leaking from two adjacent parts. One leak is definitely a weld burn through. The other is between trays in the corner where the extra metal reinforcement seems to have too much sealant (making the joint ramped pyramid style and very difficult to fasten). We did another round of marine sealant to try to fix. Will update.

Mines scheduled for delivery today. I might just weld the pans together and be done with it.

2 Likes

Leaks fixed with a little more of the marine sealant (which was already used to fix those giant, 4-foot wide leaks between table sections). Good product it seems.

First cuts on the XR and Everlast 82i today. Stoked!

1 Like

I am still in the first two weeks of having an assembled CrossFire PRO table and have no leaks. I did have concerns with all of the comments from others. I cleaned the metal thoroughly first with paint thinner (good for removing the oil), then ethanol (to remove the paint thinner). And, a final wiping down with isopropyl alcohol before even attempting to assemble the water bed. I put a bead of the supplied caulk on both pan lips and positioned it on the CrossFire supports (where it will eventually rest). I used the vise grip welders clamps at three locations (moving one of them so that there was always one right near the bolt I was tightening. Once all of the bolts were tightened, I left the whole mess alone for the night.
Update: Feb 19, 2022. Table is leaking at seam. Going to get some 3M marine grade sealant. If I can find it. :disappointed:

1 Like

XR Water table followed instructions ----- no leaks

2 Likes

Have you read your post? So, you are going to shorten the water table to 55" from the XR 96" table?

lol oops - lol lol no i did not see this was the ER post lol - ya mine is the Pro - duu - ya that would be dumb on the ER lol lol

I have a pro table it’s 2 years old the sealant has worked just fine. I have had no leak issues.