Water level mishap

I pulled a bonehead move today and didn’t have enough water in my pro table. I am using the Harbor Freight Plasmacut 45, which I love. (Hooked up to 220 so I get the full 45 amps.) It cut out, easily, a 1/2 inch mild steel bracket. Now I have water drips in my seam.Time to take it apart. :frowning: (2 part table) Grrr. Tore up a couple of support slats but big deal. I can just clean and flip them upside down. I did not want to cut the holes in the bracket as they might be too tight and thought I could just drill them later. That got me to thinking isn’t there a setting somewhere in our software to just “mark” the hole centers with a pinpoint burn during the program run? Anyway check your water level with high amps. (Still stoked it would cut that!) BTW I set up in Fusion to post process the cut at 10 inches per minute. Used 45 amps.

I have seen somewhere (I think on this forum) A link to a video where a guy demonstrates setting up a “centerpunch tool” where it just cuts a small dimple rather than piercing through. Just a small dimple. Here’s a link to the video Plasma Center Punch training video - YouTube

Thanks Scott. I imported an SVG and deleted the holes so they would not cut but I’m curious how one would introduce just the center point of those holes for a punch?