Vises (Differences)

Will there be soft jaw blanks available for the low profile vise?

Yes at some point, we will be offering soft jaw blanks for the vises we make.

1 Like

Hi, I purchased the SMW bice and it looks great. Haven’t tried it out yet because I misplaced the mounting hardware. Can anyone tell me what type of mounting hardware was included with the vice? I know its 20 1/4 bolts but where there washers as well and what was the bolt length?
thank you,
Ernst

If I remember correctly, they provide you with 8- 1/4-20 allen head bolts with a flat flange type heads. They should screw right into the existing holes on your base plate. No washers required…

I have a quick question in regards to vices I ordered a set of vices with my setup but on opening the box there is no hardware to hold it down to the base plate . Is this normal for something that cost almost $800

1 Like

Langmuir vises need 6 hold down clamps per vise. Sorry, they are not included with the vise.
They sell them on the store. They do come with the bolts when you order the clamps The SMW vises come with the bolts. The Langmuir vises are awsome. You will love them. I’m not going to get started on the SMW versions. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

same, it kinda annoyed me. i ended up just machining some myself on the manual mill.

Had the electrician come by and put in a dedicated 110 smooth electric for the computer also a dedicated 220 outlet 30 amp for the spindle

The end on that cord looks like it seen better days.

@emeraldm3d

That’s really bizarre the wiring for dedicated?

Typically dedicated means it’s entirely on its own circuit.

Having a dedicated plug is a contradiction in terms cuz the plug itself can be unplugged and plug something else in, the exact opposite of dedicated.

And how are they getting the neutral for the 110 volt plug? Do you have four wire run into your 30 amp box then split off the 110 volt circuit from there? And if so how are you breaking the 110 volt to protect that circuit? Did your electrician snake two sets of conductors through the EMT?

So many questions after looking at that picture.

Why would it not be a pure sine wave are you running your building off a generator?

I hope this picture clears up what I may have got wrong I am not the electrician but both outlets have its own breaker I have no clue what I’m looking at inside this box

thanks, that picture answer the question .

they ran both the 110 v circuit and 220 circuit separately, but in the same conduit .

1 Like

I did not know that I posted this in the wrong place it was meant to go on my build of the mr1 well you obviously know a lot more than I do when it comes to this electric thing I’m bringing with concrete and various other materials but I am afraid of electric