Vise Anvil Stand Fold-up Wheels

I built a rolling stand to mount my huge vise and anvil on. This assembly is really heavy and I want to be able to move it easily so i decided to re-purpose some floor jack wheels to carry the weight. The wheel under the anvil leg needs to fold up so that the pounding force could be dampened by the rubber foot pad. My new Langmuir CNC plasma table worked awesome cutting the various parts from .25" steel plate. This is an over center link design which utilizes the stand weight to hold the wheels in a lowered and locked position. This new Langmuir CNC table allows cutting of shapes with ease that take my fabrication projects to the next level of design, function and much more appealing to the eye. No more ugly squares and rectangles for me !!!

6 Likes

Very clever design! How do you actuate the center link?

Iā€™m going to put a small spring that will pull on the link to retract the wheels. Once the screw jacks on the vise wheels are raised up off the round rubber pads the center of gravity is shifted making the anvil post easy to lift by hand. A slight upward movement of the anvil post will retract the wheels .

2 Likes

Now that is very cool!