Vancouver BC Crossfire XR Owners?

Looking for someone that is possibly willing to show their crossfire XR in person as I contemplate buying one…

Let me know if there are any local owners and we can set something up if youre willing to show your machine. My primary interest is cut quality.

I’ve been contemplating a crossfire XR coupled to an Everlast 82i or 102i plasma unit.

@TinWhisperer
he is the guy I have tagged for you…
he is one of the best people to chat with about Langmuir stuff and the forums and plasma cutter…

why are you looking at the Everlast 82 or 102…are you going to be cutting 3/4" steel?
I run a 62i and can cut 1/2"…and that is rare…

1 Like

oops…welcome to the forum…

fellow Canuck here also…but I live in Ottawa…a little far for you to travel I guess…

there will be the odd time I need to cut really heavy plate. Would rather have the overhead given the variety of jobs that come through my shop

Here is some pics of various thickness of material cut on my
Xr table with Hypertherm powermax XP 45, 1/2 " ,3/8", 1/4" and 16 Guage steel. aluminum .095 drops from two holes cut out of plate.

3 Likes

I understand that but keep in mind the possible limitations of the fine cut consumables for the higher rates torches…

also Everlasts are very sensitive to head warp and require minimum of 30 seconds post flow air…and they need dry air…really dry air…

1 Like

really appreciate the photos, these are all parts that are straight off the table? no clean up whatsoever???

No clean up, except for chevy sign. All material cut at 45 amps regular consumables. I don’t use fine cut tips or turn my amps down, just adjust cut speed for appropriate material and thickness…