Using window's tablet to run mach 3

here’s something weird, same cut file, on my laptop and mach3, no issues, cutting speed is fine (dry turn test). With my window’s tablet, that same file runs the table super slow…speed is at 6 as oppose to 120…anybody has and idea why?

Did you change the feed speed in the Mach3 window on the tablet? It’s in the center of the screen & you can enter a number or move a slider.

Alternatively, your tablet may not be able to spite out the commands fast enough because it’s got a low power processor. However, the feed rate is easy to change inadvertently so I’d start there.

no i did not. I just find it odd that the exact same gcode file will not load the correct speed if used on my tablet… suppose i could manually set it…

Huh as they say :slightly_smiling_face:

I would expect tablet power to manifest itself in stuttering jobs as it dumps its cache and then has to refill the datastream to catch up to the CNC vs an overall but consistent slowing (which might be a good thing to prevent it from hovering over one spot with the torch on waiting for more commands).

What kind of tablet are you using?

It’s an RCA with windows 10 on it…I don’t recall the details. It’s primary (almost only) use is to display my car scanner gauges and do das, and be able to tune and not have to take my big laptop on board…sooooo the other day I was like “hey, lets see if you can run this”… lol really isn’t important to be honest, and you’re probably right, with the cache and other things that my be lacking creating issues.

The one with the keyboard included? Cost like $130 or so? I have one of those. I used it for a demo or something last year & haven’t really used it much. Didn’t think about using it but what the heck :slightly_smiling_face: I’m traveling this week but when I get back I’ll see if I can load up Mach3 on it.

I store all my files on my home cloud so I coukd do the design & pathing on the laptop in the house and then grab the tap file on the tablet in the garage. Less likely to damage the laptop that way.

If I can get it working we can connect and share setups.

yeah that’s the one.

Hi, can you guys please tell me if you made it with the RCA tablet?, because I was trying to do the same with mach 3, any advice?

Okay, give me an hour. Never remembered to do that but now I’m heading down the rabbit hole. Need to let it charge a bit. Been awhile since I’ve powered it up. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes i was abke to successfuly run my rca tablet and cut…

Had the same issue first time I tried to run my table. I didn’t have the mach3 file from Langmuirs download section put into my folder on the computer I was using. Made the table run super low compared to what was supposed to be happening.