Using hypertherm consumables on rw45

I was running the powermat 45 consumables on my x45 torch, but recently it stopped working. I have noticed the hypertherm retaining cap is smaller overall diameter than the stock one, and it may not be engaging the 2 pins on the torch.
Anyone else have this issue and can I just use the stock retaining cap with the hypertherm consumables?

@mechanic416
I have tagged George on this topic…if any one knows torches…George knows…

1 Like

I have said this on here more then I would like to say. The X45 torch is not made to use Hypertherm consumables. It is not a Hypertherm torch and the Razorweld is not a Hypertherm plasma cutter.

Call Hypertherm and ask them what they think.

4 Likes

We all knew what you were going to say George, I guess we all just decided to let you say it, again.

Seriously, use original manufacturer consumables. If you want “fine cut” smaller nozzles, get the ptm60 torch from George and the tecmo consumables.

This should be a sticky :slight_smile:

and …
use the search funtion…

ahahahahaha

1 Like

The internet is a “great thing for information”. Youtube, forums, google, ebay, amazon and the like. You can get a lot of “very good” as well as “very bad” and a lot of “misinformation”. But not always get all the information that you really should get.

Case in point: My daughter needed a new head light bulb put in her suv. I told her to get 2 new bulbs and stop by I would replace them. When she got here I couldn’t see any way to get to the bulbs to get them out. So youtube here I come. After watching 3 videos on how to change the bulbs I go to work. This ended up costing a hole lot more then the 2 bulbs. One new head light bucket, new grill trim and clips. None of the people that did the youtube video’s told you that you would break the trim and would need new clips even if you didn’t break it and that there was a screw down deep in the grill that needed to be removed to get the head light bucket out.

Seller on ebay, amazon and other places don’t give you all the information you need and they really don’t care as long as you buy the stuff they are selling.

Case in point: Swivel tig torch head on ebay. The add said it was for a water cooled tig torch. Now I know it was not, but wanted to see what the seller would tell me so a email was sent asking how I would hook this up to my cables to the water cooler. After 3 more emails I was told they didn’t know they only sold them.

2 Likes

George! You didn’t cut a hole in your daughter’s car with a Plasma Torch did you!!!???
Of course, if you did, I know it would have been with a legit Hypertherm Torch and proper consumables. :slightly_smiling_face:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: plasma cutter don’t work well on plastic. But years a go we used to cut holes in the floor pans to get at bolts and replace the top shock mounts.