Using files I bought online

I purchased an LS motor mount design online and imported all 4 parts (will be 7 total cut since 3 will be cut twice). The DXF import brings each on in, in this elaborate way where each is it’s own world. what I’m wondering is if I should change the way they are before I try to run them. Should I bring them all into one sketch? Just cut and paste???

ls motor mount v1.f3d (57.2 KB)

I’ll fire up the live stream and take a look.

315 pm pst

ls mounts v1.f3d (209.4 KB)

@knick deepnest sizing issue solved in this video

either will work but all on one sketch may be the smoothest workflow

4 Likes

Thanks so much, it’s always helpful just to watch you work. I had no idea I was missing the range command.

Also, I don’t think I have the insert DXF in my free version. So I downloaded a utility to download/import DXF’s. but I see it has a bulk import that might have done what I wanted. I’ll give it a try.

And sorry for the mangled original post. It sounded right in my head.

1 Like

2 Likes

Here’s the actual part. the idea is you buy the pipe portion with bushings in it and attach all this to it. however, the diameter of the DOM tube on this is 1" and I’m going to need 2", so I have to make some changes. And, the supports that go on the engine block side are too close together for strength. Have to change that too. But it’s always easier to have a start.

1 Like

Sound like it’ll be a really cool project.

I used this function with the free version last night.

Just double checked and it is available in the free version.

1 Like

Definitely. I use it often. Here is a shot tonight:

1 Like

This time I saved it! Thank you for the heads up

1 Like

Yes, I found it. I need to use the search widget more.

1 Like

2" DOM, man that’s going to be one beefy mount