Use Firecontrol without connecting to table

I am still waiting for my table and when opening firecontrol everything is greyed out. I was wondering if there was a way to do something like a demo mode where I can get more familiar with the settings and such?

Thanks!

Unfortunately not. The computer must be connected to the control box to use Firecontrol.

There really isn’t much to it that isn’t covered in the Firecontrol instructions on the website.

Spend your time on learning the CAD and CAM programs you plan to use. Those are the areas that most people have trouble with.

3 Likes

I wish Langmuir systems would produce a USB stick that you can stick in your computer and it would simulate both fire control or cut control as it was hooked up to a real machine’s electronics control box.

My guess is they’re not going to do anything that could risk their software being used on not their machines.

4 Likes

that would be an awesome ability.

1 Like

A simulation mode that other programs have would enhance Firecontrol. It would help people who design and plan on a separate computer in an office or home and do not want to walk to the shop (in my case an unheated detached garage). Errors in G-Code could be caught by visualizing toolpaths in Firecontrol.

1 Like

depending on what software you are using this can be done.
I do not know fusion so I can not help there.

In inkscape I black and white all my drawing to see if there are parts that might fall out with missing tabs.

in sheetcam you can actually show toolpaths, kerf width, inside and outside cuts, and it can detect things like missing lead ins, to small to cut…and other things…

1 Like

you can view your gcode at ncviewer.com and it’ll simulate the toolpath.

1 Like

Fusion has a pretty good looking and fun simulation feature, however it is possible to make mistakes after creating 2D profiles in Fusion and running simulation. A common one, is forgetting to include all of the 2D profiles. I’ve had situations when I walked to the shop from my home computer to find that I forgot to include bend slots in the G code because they are a separate profile without lead-ins.

1 Like

It is hard to see but it will put up a yellow triangular warning next to the toolpath ( 2d profile ) if it has not included all the contours that you asked it to include.

I’ve missed it before myself and walked out to the shop, luckily caught it before the cut

1 Like

I have had the g-code miss a tool path if a specific tool path under the set-up was highlighted. In this example, when I ask for the g-code to be created it will miss my second tool path:

But if I make sure the only thing selected is the set-up for this object (sorry it is so messy) but notice that neither tool path is selected. In this situation, it will grab both tool paths as it generates the g-code.

1 Like