USB not recognized

I got the cable maleybr recommended and ran the 2 files that would not run properly. They both ran with no problems. The cable solved the issue. The control box was NOT the problem.

Thanks for posting the link.

2 Likes

Ok, I’m having the exact same issue. Everything worked for the past week. Then, starting tonight, it works ONLY in dry runs, but it hangs at the start point ONLY WHEN I turn on the plasma cutter. Everything locks up in Mach 3, and I have to manually shut off the cutter. Restarting, un- and re-installing don’t help. USB ports are fine in device manager.

Once I shut off, the cutter (blow-back unit), it will sometimes continue to run along the normal tool path. If I turn the cutter back on while it’s still running, it stops in place again and continues to fire in one spot, blowing a huge hole in the work piece. I’ve destroyed 4 nozzles tonight! I will order a new USB cable with the ferrite protection and pray this works!

Does your plasma have a 2T/4T switch?

SAME same same …

2020-12-09T08:00:00Z

…been thru 2 plasma cutters, new torches, usb cords with double ferrites ,endless tip changes, new relay from LS, lot of Time & $$$. Little fed up with this at this point of miss-firings and stops in cut etc etc.

I have followed LS setup / installation tutorials for F360 and i certainly appreciate this system relies on a lot of factors however after almost a year of intermittent success and failure…

I am running Crossfire xl /mach3 /primeweld cut 60 with cnc port wired to pins 1 and 2 in supplied (primeweld) cnc plug . Plug was soldered then shrink wrapped, this is a new unit replacing thermal dynamics cutmaster 42 as I was having similar problems with that, hooked up to xl also.
using motogaurd m30 for airline plasma & compressor on different elec. lines

here are some videos, photos and things I have tried on top of what i have already mentioned .
(I tried to upload to this forum but it said photos too large and videos not accepted so i uploaded to you tube… hope thats ok , if not please advise as to how to upload direct to forum I would prefer to not use youtube as i am sure LS will oblige promptly)
https://youtu.be/YjvMZMaLBZA

1.Plasma to control box cable Continuity tested, ok, however both this cable, and all usb cables i have tried, seem to fit a little sloppy to control box(?)
2. I tried reset pierce delay in mach3 gen config to Milliseconds just to eliminate that of course that needs to cordinate with pierce delay settings in all gcode and i have tried many other gcodes.
3. fbomb gcode, downloaded from your fireshare site, been rerun numerous times and checked in dry run no problem.
4. Opened up cbox case to check connection lights etc. seem ok see video…

https://youtu.be/Pdz9_FHFlWA

Would have to guess after all my troubleshooting it must be a bad board??

I HAVE good respect for Langmuir Folk
Thx in advance

Try the shortest USB Cable you can find…
Just because you get power through the USB cable does not mean you will get signal through the same cable…
I had a problem similar to this, My USB cable was too long. Kept getting weird things happening and losing signal.
I bought a nine foot USB Belkin branded cable, paid extra for the brand name. It took care of my connectivity problem…

1 Like

are you using the original USB cable supplied from Langmuir? as timcki stated, USB cables do differ and some are better at eliminating electrical interference than others.

I’ve been running the Cut60 on both the original CF and now the pro with no issues. I did run into your problem when i tried a cheap longer USB extender from amazon. didn’t work. So i got a 16 foot USB cable that was working fine with the original CF. tried the same cable on the Pro and it was sporadic, so I’ve been using the original cable since then with the double loop ferrite mod.

you might also want to try straitening and separating all your cables from each other so none are on top of one another.

i am having the same issues i just opened and put it together and i am not getting it to read to my computer

Please post this in a new thread with the other information about your setup. If you purchased this system recently it runs in FireControl, not Mach 3.

1 Like