Upgraded to Hypertherm 45XP on my XR

Just upgraded the Razorweld on my table with a Hypertherm 45XP. Ordered the CPC connector when i originally ordered my table with this in mind. I got everything installed first test run with THC on no fire and no arc detected error message. Turned the THC off ran the test cut again torch fires and can get it to run the full program but the torch starts moving before it fires. I added a delay and turned the THC back on got the torch to fire but still get the no arc voltage error.

What settings are you using? Hypertherm book settings? If you use the manual torch fire in firecontrol does the torch turn on?

yes, book settings. if I turn the THC off I can run the program the torch just starts moving before it fires. haven’t tried pushing the manual fire.

So you need to add .4 to .5 seconds to the pierce delay times in Hypertherms charts for use on these tables (has to do with what they define as start of pierce). So if it says .2 seconds, try it at .7 seconds

At least that’s how it is on the Pro, the XR is probably the same

1 Like

So I can manually fire the torch. I did change the pierce delay had to go to 1.2 sec to clear that up. The THC still does work. Now with THC on the torch fires and never moves. Getting the following error message “The LS_THC unit did not detect Arc Voltage when the torch was commanded to fire. Your program has been paused.”

Let me add a note to this. The table has been running with the Razorweld. The THC worked and I didn’t need crazy pierce delay times with the razorweld. I was not a fan of the cut quality. I have run Hypertherm’s in the past was just trying to keep cost down setting up the new table.

Just figured it out. Had a Bad connection on the out wire from the THC. Was also able to go back to book settings on the pierce delay. Time to start dialing this baby in. Thanks for the help.

2 Likes

That’s good to know that on the XR you can run Hypertherm book pierce delays

I’m sure I will have to do some tweaking as I dial it but was good on the couple quick test cuts I ran just making sure everything was working.

1 Like