Upgraded plasma unit

Looking for a plasma unit upgrade that can cut 1" + thickness and still work with the XR controls.

Welcome to the forum!

It may help with you let us know what you currently have as Plasma Cutter. Then others can match it up for you.

How much 1 inch do you plan to cut?

We have an old plasma unit that will cut up to 1-1/4" thk. We would like to cut our balance weights that would consist of various radiuses. Weight example 20" outside radius with 17" inside radius with a 15 degree arc.

I would say cycle time is what you need to watch for. My hypertherm 65 will cut 1 inch. The duty cycle limits cut time. I also have the rw45 I have made a few pieces out of 3/4 I did inside cuts hit pause let machine rest then cut the outside. I have seen videos of 1 in cuts with the rw45.

I am sold on hypertherm myself. Just look for a machine with the duty cycle you need.

1 Like

Yes I’m looking at the Powermax 105 SYNC now. do you know if the XR can handle this unit, assuming the torch cable will be larger and heavier.

That I can’t say. Maybe someone may know. I am sure you can look up weights…

I have heard of people blowing holes on their water pans. If you will be doing a lot of heavy cutting you may want to put tile or something under the slates where you will be cutting

Good idea. Thinks for your help!

1 Like

Yes, it will handle it just fine.

1 Like

Great thanks!

on the langmuir main site under the support page there is a section to help you…XR question…asking a XR question before you buy…
https://www.langmuirsystems.com/support/xr

3 Likes