Upgrade to larger table

Ive had a crossfire for about a year now and I have out grown it and need to get a larger table, Business is growing and I am constantly having to adjust jacks as I slide sheets all over, 4 wide and 3 would get me most of what I need on almost all cuts but it sure would be nice if they had a 4 X 4 table as I cut my sheets in half when I get them home. I do a lot of 1/4 steel so with the crossfire I can put the half sheet on from the side with no interference. how hard is is going to be to get a half sheet of 1/4" on this buy yourself? I don’t know how I would get a full size 1/4" or 3/8" sheet on a 4x8 table by myself. Space is an issue but opinions on which would be better would be appreciated. If they had a 4x4 or better yet a 5 X 4 that would be indexable on the 4 foot side would be ideal. then you have a 5 X infinite table.

I believe either an overhead hoist with magnetic end effector or a collapsible engine hoist are the two most common lifting ideas on this forum.

Crossfire PRO - Material Loading (How do y’all do it?) - CrossFire ® PRO - Langmuir Systems Forum

thanks, I did just pick up a used 2 ton used engine hoist but it sure uses a lot of room.

I put steel beam up when I built my shop, works great with electric hoist on trolly from Harborcrap. Pick up full sheet of 1/2 " steel with magnet.
I put air over hydraulic cylinder on my fold up engine hoist, takes up less realestate. Two differant options…

2 Likes